    --
    http://www.milksucks.com/pus.asp
    -James Madison
    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 17, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > After buying some air time and setting it up...I keep getting a message
    > from Verizon that the call cant be completed! So much for trac fones
    > great deal. Looks like other people have had shitty service from them
    > as well: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/tracfone.html

    Whether TracFone is the right plan for you depends. For me it is the
    most economical way to rarely to occasionally use a cellphone -- that is
    turned off 99% of the time and only turned on during traveling.

    Personally I would rather pay $1/minute or $2 or $3 and pay zero
    'maintenance' ($/weeks) overhead, but no one offers such a plan.

    I would also like to have a similar no maintenance plan for mobile
    connectivity - for say $10/day.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 17, 2009

  3. §ñühw¤£f

    NotMe Guest

    :
    : Whether TracFone is the right plan for you depends. For me it is the
    : most economical way to rarely to occasionally use a cellphone -- that is
    : turned off 99% of the time and only turned on during traveling.
    :
    : Personally I would rather pay $1/minute or $2 or $3 and pay zero
    : 'maintenance' ($/weeks) overhead, but no one offers such a plan.
    :
    : I would also like to have a similar no maintenance plan for mobile
    : connectivity - for say $10/day.

    NET10 works for me. $0.10 Minimum $30 every two months. If all you need
    is 911 any phone will work (so long as the it's system compatable) without
    registration.
    NotMe, Jul 17, 2009
  4. In message <h3qptp$etq$-september.org>, "NotMe" wrote:

    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > : snuhwolf wrote:
    > : > After buying some air time and setting it up...I keep getting a message
    > : > from Verizon that the call cant be completed! So much for trac fones
    > : > great deal. Looks like other people have had shitty service from them
    > : > as well: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/tracfone.html
    > :
    > : Whether TracFone is the right plan for you depends. For me it is the
    > : most economical way to rarely to occasionally use a cellphone -- that is
    > : turned off 99% of the time and only turned on during traveling.
    > :
    > : Personally I would rather pay $1/minute or $2 or $3 and pay zero
    > : 'maintenance' ($/weeks) overhead, but no one offers such a plan.
    > :
    > : I would also like to have a similar no maintenance plan for mobile
    > : connectivity - for say $10/day.
    >
    > NET10 works for me. $0.10 Minimum $30 every two months. If all you need
    > is 911 any phone will work (so long as the it's system compatable) without
    > registration.

    Well thats good information. Suddenly its working :)
    I just called my house...oddly I have to dial '1' and the area code first.
    Hmmmm....

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 17, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:

    > I just called my house...oddly I have to dial '1' and the area code
    > first. Hmmmm....

    What'll they think of next?

    :)

    I remember once knocking myself out trying to lookup/ research/ a LD
    service to find out whether while using their system -1- I had to dial 1
    or not once I was in and -2- how did it the sytem work with 800 numbers.

    -1- it didn't matter, it worked either way -2- of course it did 800 doh

    Sometimes I/we think too much, which is sorta like not thinking the right
    way.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 17, 2009
  6. Mike Easter <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >snuhwolf wrote:
    >
    >> I just called my house...oddly I have to dial '1' and the area code
    >> first. Hmmmm....

    >What'll they think of next?
    >
    >:)
    >
    >I remember once knocking myself out trying to lookup/ research/ a LD
    >service to find out whether while using their system -1- I had to dial

    1
    >or not once I was in and -2- how did it the sytem work with 800

    numbers.

    >-1- it didn't matter, it worked either way -2- of course it did 800

    doh

    >Sometimes I/we think too much, which is sorta like not thinking the

    right
    >way.

    I resolved the issues thru their websites bot. Easyier to interface
    with a machine anyway.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 18, 2009
  7. Meat Plow <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:34:53 -0600, ???hw??f
    ><>wrote:
    >
    >>After buying some air time and setting it up...I keep getting a

    message from
    >>Verizon that the call cant be completed! So much for trac fones great

    deal.
    >>Looks like other people have had shitty service from them as well:
    >>http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/tracfone.html
    >>
    >>D'OH!

    >I'm sure Trac buys tower time from the other two players Sprint and
    >ATT as well. You are inviting trouble when you use third party phones
    >like Trac, Revol, etc..
    >
    >**** it's bad enough just to get their own equipment to be reliable. I
    >spent an hour one time on the phone with Verizon trying to fix an
    >authentication problem. I must have talked to ten people before I got
    >the right one who knew exactly what to do and that was to go into the
    >phone's service menu and enter a new auth code,,duh!
    >
    >I was SO fucking pissed off.

    Getting somwon who speaks proper engrish helps ;)

    My "problem" was likely that it takes a few clock cycles before the
    server updates all the new account info...and I WANT IT NOW.

    Beats the 35$ a month per phone we were paying thru Alltel...for cellys
    we hardly use.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 18, 2009
  8. §ñühw¤£f

    M.L. Guest

    >>My "problem" was likely that it takes a few clock cycles before the
    >>server updates all the new account info...and I WANT IT NOW.

    >Yeh that's part of the third party issues. But in most cases the
    >phones work 'ok'. Had a friend from the Phoenix area visit last week
    >and his phone worked fine here. Did a reverse lookup on his number and
    >it said his carrier was Sprint. He buys airtime with a card like Trac.
    >
    >>Beats the 35$ a month per phone we were paying thru Alltel...for cellys
    >>we hardly use.

    >MagicJack!!!!!!!!!k

    MagicJack is no substitute for a cellphone.
    M.L., Jul 18, 2009
  9. In message <>, M.L. wrote:

    > >>My "problem" was likely that it takes a few clock cycles before the
    > >>server updates all the new account info...and I WANT IT NOW.

    > >Yeh that's part of the third party issues. But in most cases the
    > >phones work 'ok'. Had a friend from the Phoenix area visit last week
    > >and his phone worked fine here. Did a reverse lookup on his number and
    > >it said his carrier was Sprint. He buys airtime with a card like Trac.
    > >
    > >>Beats the 35$ a month per phone we were paying thru Alltel...for cellys
    > >>we hardly use.

    > >MagicJack!!!!!!!!!k

    > MagicJack is no substitute for a cellphone.

    NO! D00d! you just totally have to have it on a lappy then you mount a
    parabolic reflecting antenna on yer cars rooftop and you get free everything!

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 18, 2009
  10. §ñühw¤£f

    M.L. Guest

    >>>Yeh that's part of the third party issues. But in most cases the
    >>>phones work 'ok'. Had a friend from the Phoenix area visit last week
    >>>and his phone worked fine here. Did a reverse lookup on his number and
    >>>it said his carrier was Sprint. He buys airtime with a card like Trac.

    >>>MagicJack!!!!!!!!!k

    >>MagicJack is no substitute for a cellphone.

    >Who said it was?

    The person who juxtaposed its use against the monthly cost of a
    cellphone.
    M.L., Jul 19, 2009