    better transfer, more special features?

    Thanks.

    , Dec 30, 2005

  2. unclejr Guest

    wrote:
    > I was just wondering if there was any major differences between the two
    > sets. I already own the Toy Box set and wanted to know if it was worth
    > the upgrade to get the new sets that were just released. Is there a
    > better transfer, more special features?

    DTS 5.1 audio track on the new SEs; Ultimate Toy Box has only DD 5.1.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Jay G. Guest

    On 30 Dec 2005 09:45:21 -0800, wrote:

    > I was just wondering if there was any major differences between the two
    > sets. I already own the Toy Box set and wanted to know if it was worth
    > the upgrade to get the new sets that were just released. Is there a
    > better transfer, more special features?

    Yes, better transfer (higher bitrate), DTS ES 6.1 and DD 5.1 EX sound, and
    more special features.

    Check out these reviews for more info.

    Toy Story 1 SE
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17383

    Toy Story 2 SE
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=19497

    Personally, I'm happy enough with the Ultimate Toy Box, although if I
    didn't have that I'd grab these in a heartbeat.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Dec 30, 2005