    In the good old days of rear wheel automatics, it was a simple case of
    removing four bolts and dropping the axle.

    Anyone have a website where this procedure is discussed in detail?

    Richard, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Richard wrote:

    > A bit off the general topic eh?
    >
    > I may be towing my 1989 plymouth voyager behind an RV.
    > Getting paid to do it too.
    > I was curious if anyone knows what the procedure is for uncoupling stuff to
    > do it?
    > Before you go mentioning the Remco axle lock, that thing is like $500 plus,
    > before it gets installed.
    >
    > In the good old days of rear wheel automatics, it was a simple case of
    > removing four bolts and dropping the axle.
    >
    > Anyone have a website where this procedure is discussed in detail?

    Place a wallmart trolley under each wheel.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Richard

    Demmin Rahl Guest

    > A bit off the general topic eh?
    >
    > I may be towing my 1989 plymouth voyager behind an RV.
    > Getting paid to do it too.
    > I was curious if anyone knows what the procedure is for uncoupling stuff

    > do it?
    > Before you go mentioning the Remco axle lock, that thing is like $500

    plus,
    > before it gets installed.
    >
    > In the good old days of rear wheel automatics, it was a simple case of
    > removing four bolts and dropping the axle.
    >
    > Anyone have a website where this procedure is discussed in detail?

    how lame. ever heard of a search engine?

    Demmin Rahl, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Richard

    Dennis Duke Guest

    http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/output.cfm?ID=760501

    If you look there is a Tech Talk index on this page that may help as well.

    I am the commercial truck manager where I work and we get into dingy towing
    some. I will tell you this, you need to check the owners manual for you
    vehicle if possible to be sure but most front wheel drive vehicles can not
    be towed without this alxe lock you mentioned or a pump installed in the
    tranny.

    Hope this helps.

    Dennis Duke, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:46:50 -0800 Demmin Rahl wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >> A bit off the general topic eh?
    >>
    >> I may be towing my 1989 plymouth voyager behind an RV.
    >> Getting paid to do it too.
    >> I was curious if anyone knows what the procedure is for uncoupling stuff

    >> do it?
    >> Before you go mentioning the Remco axle lock, that thing is like $500

    > plus,
    >> before it gets installed.
    >>
    >> In the good old days of rear wheel automatics, it was a simple case of
    >> removing four bolts and dropping the axle.
    >>
    >> Anyone have a website where this procedure is discussed in detail?

    > how lame. ever heard of a search engine?

    Yep. Which is why I'm asking.
    Do you realize how many variations there are on this subject?
    Google hits every damn one of them.
    I was hoping maybe somebody could help so I wouldn't have to waste time
    reading 3,000 useless pages.
    No I do not want a tow package for my RV.
    No I do not want a tow dolley or car hauler.
    No to a dozen other items not even related.

    Richard, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Richard

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:46:50 -0800 Demmin Rahl wrote:
    >

    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >>> A bit off the general topic eh?
    >>>
    >>> I may be towing my 1989 plymouth voyager behind an RV.
    >>> Getting paid to do it too.
    >>> I was curious if anyone knows what the procedure is for uncoupling stuff

    >>> do it?
    >>> Before you go mentioning the Remco axle lock, that thing is like $500

    >> plus,
    >>> before it gets installed.
    >>>
    >>> In the good old days of rear wheel automatics, it was a simple case of
    >>> removing four bolts and dropping the axle.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have a website where this procedure is discussed in detail?

    >> how lame. ever heard of a search engine?

    > Yep. Which is why I'm asking.
    > Do you realize how many variations there are on this subject?
    > Google hits every damn one of them.
    > I was hoping maybe somebody could help so I wouldn't have to waste time
    > reading 3,000 useless pages.
    > No I do not want a tow package for my RV.
    > No I do not want a tow dolley or car hauler.
    > No to a dozen other items not even related.

    this computer geek refuses to refine your google search....
    where's mike with the two balls around the nick? he's our googlebot...

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Thanks Dennis.
    Interesting reading.
    Now if I had a manual transmission I'd have it made in the shade.
    But it looks like a tow dolly is a must for my car so far.

    Richard, Mar 3, 2005