  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    Nick, May 17, 2008

  2. Nick

    Nick Guest

    And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx
    Nick, May 17, 2008

  3. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:D4IXj.19929$2,
    Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    : "Nick" <> wrote in message
    : news:x2IXj.19928$2...
    : > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    : >
    : >
    : And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    : http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

    Yep looks the same to me.

    Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
    range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.

    Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
    hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
    account won't register.

    Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
    someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
    I would find that useful.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2008
  4. Nick

    cybuerke Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > In news:D4IXj.19929$2,
    > Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    > : "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > : news:x2IXj.19928$2...
    > : > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    > : >
    > : >
    > : And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    > : http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx
    >
    > Yep looks the same to me.
    >
    > Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
    > range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.
    >
    > Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
    > hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
    > account won't register.
    >
    > Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
    > someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
    > I would find that useful.
    >

    > Ivor

    Ahem! Please sir, please sir, here sir!

    See my contribution dated 10/5 in the DP-L10 thread. Please try to keep up
    at the back there!

    Mr Voiptalker is the gent you need to speak to about firmware, Ivor.

    Saga of the Pirelli continues. Let me know if you've all had enough yet,
    and I'll apologise for it just before any subsequent instalment. :))
    cybuerke, May 18, 2008
  5. Nick

    Guest

    On 18 May, 08:27, "cybuerke" <> wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > > Innews:D4IXj.19929$2,
    > > Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    > > : "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > > :news:x2IXj.19928$2...
    > > : > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    > > : >
    > > : >
    > > : And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    > > :http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

    > > Yep looks the same to me.

    Yes, it's another rebadged version. see the bottom of this page for
    other "versions":
    http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/telefone:t-one_tc300:start)

    > > Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
    > > range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.

    Yes, I mentioned poor range in an earlier thread as one of the
    limitations, in my view.

    > > Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
    > > hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
    > > account won't register.

    Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
    ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
    and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
    Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works :)

    > > Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
    > > someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
    > > I would find that useful.

    Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
    to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
    Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
    see:
    http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gateways:tcom:sinustc300:start?s=sinus 300
    BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an analogue version and an
    ISDN version.
    , May 18, 2008
  6. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:

    [snip]

    : Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
    : ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
    : and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
    : Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works :)

    Doesn't want to know in the local Starbucks (T-Mobile) or another one
    nearby "The Cloud". It'll be interesting to see if it works in Phoenix
    Airport in Arizona next time I'm there, they are the only airport I know
    with blanket free wi-fi coverage. Wish a few more would do that instead of
    ripping us off with silly prices, paid about £7 for just over an hour at
    Heathrow last year grumble moan.

    :
    : Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
    : to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
    : Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
    : see:
    :
    http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gateways:tcom:sinustc300:start?s=sinus 300
    : BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an analogue version and an
    : ISDN version.

    Ok thanks. I was hoping to be able to use it with my existing DECT base,
    are you saying it will only work with the Sinus one..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2008
  7. Nick

    Guest

    On 18 May, 17:32, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:

    > : > > Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play
    > : > > with. ISTR someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability,
    > : > > any info on that as I would find that useful.
    > :
    > : Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
    > : to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
    > : Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
    > : see:
    > :http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gateways:tcom:sinustc300:start?s=sinus%....
    > : BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an  analogue version and an
    > : ISDN version.
    >
    > Ok thanks. I was hoping to be able to use it with my existing DECT base,
    > are you saying it will only work with the Sinus one..?

    That's right AFAIK. The Sinus is a wifi base with WPA encryption.
    Thus the phone needs a wifi profile to be configured to access the
    Sinus. The TC300s (dual phones, not the bases) sold here in Spain come
    with one profile already configured, though you have to further
    configure them by putting in the base's WPA code. In fact, up to 5
    Dual Phones can be configured to the Sinus.

    Give me a few days to organise a page on the subject, I'm a bit tied
    up workwise at the mo'.
    , May 18, 2008
  8. Nick

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:32:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    > <> typed, for some strange,
    >unexplained reason:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >: Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
    >: ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
    >: and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
    >: Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works :)
    >
    >Doesn't want to know in the local Starbucks (T-Mobile) or another one
    >nearby "The Cloud". It'll be interesting to see if it works in Phoenix
    >Airport in Arizona next time I'm there, they are the only airport I know
    >with blanket free wi-fi coverage. Wish a few more would do that instead of
    >ripping us off with silly prices, paid about £7 for just over an hour at
    >Heathrow last year grumble moan.

    Have you got a Kentucky fried rat anywhere near you Ivor they are
    doing free wifi now .
    , May 18, 2008
  9. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:32:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >In
    : >news:,
    : > <> typed, for some strange,
    : >unexplained reason:
    : >
    : >[snip]
    : >
    : >: Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking
    : >: certain ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi
    : >: connections and got the same results as you - the wifi registers,
    : >: but not the SIP. Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it
    : >: works :)
    : >
    : >Doesn't want to know in the local Starbucks (T-Mobile) or another one
    : >nearby "The Cloud". It'll be interesting to see if it works in
    : >Phoenix Airport in Arizona next time I'm there, they are the only
    : >airport I know with blanket free wi-fi coverage. Wish a few more
    : >would do that instead of ripping us off with silly prices, paid
    : >about £7 for just over an hour at Heathrow last year grumble moan.
    : Have you got a Kentucky fried rat anywhere near you Ivor they are
    : doing free wifi now .

    Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2008
  10. Nick

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

    I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
    of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
    only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
    along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
    anywhere .
    Just wondering if it is me or them .
    , May 18, 2008
  11. Nick

    Guest

    On May 18, 7:47 pm, wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

    > I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
    > of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
    > only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
    > along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
    > anywhere .
    > Just wondering if it is me or them .

    Don't know about KFC, but on National Coaches that offer free wifi,
    there is no encyption - it's totally open. though as mentioned
    previously some traffic (SIP at least) seems to be blocked.
    , May 18, 2008
  12. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : <> wrote:
    :
    :
    : >Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it
    : >also.
    :
    : I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
    : of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
    : only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
    : along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
    : anywhere .
    : Just wondering if it is me or them .

    Depends on the location. Most places (Starbucks etc) have pay wi-fi where
    you have to log on and give your credit/debit card details before it will
    let you do anything. I'm assuming that's why it won't let me use the
    phone.

    On the other hand some places (like Phoenix airport) are completely free,
    but you still have to agree to the terms and conditions on a login page
    first.

    Did you get an IP address from the system..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2008
  13. Nick

    Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 23:33:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Did you get an IP address from the system..?

    Can't think Ivor it was the back end of 07 when I gave it a go
    I tried ringing them to night directory enquiries cound not come up
    with the local's number and the one in Preston where not answering the
    phone had it ringing out for ages.
    I intend to go down to the local one sometime this week and ask a few
    questions this has been on my mind for sometime and I know it will not
    leave me alone until I get the answer.
    , May 18, 2008
  14. In article <47udndLoCNqMeq3VnZ2dnUVZ8u6dnZ2d@plusnet>,
    Martin² <> wrote:
    >A pub in Maidstone has free Cloud WiFi.
    >My Senao happily obtained IP address, but no SIP registration.
    >Zyxel P2000W V2, could not get IP address from the DHCP ! God knows why -
    >enybody else have clue ?
    >Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
    >be input trough a browser :-(

    Another thing to watch out for is "broken" routers, so sometimes it's
    not deliberate that you can get "web" access, but not SIP access.

    Some routers try to be "clever" and "know" about SIP, so negating the
    need for a stun server, etc. unfortunately a log of them just don't work.
    Zyxels in particular - with them you need to telnet into the router and
    type a command to disable the SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway). Same
    for a few others - Juniper netscreens spring to mind.

    Another reason to use IAX, if possible, but despite it being freely
    avalable, source code an all, take-up is very slow )-:

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, May 19, 2008
  15. Nick

    Iain Guest

    Martin² wrote:

    > Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
    > be input trough a browser :-(

    That's OK, there's a browser in the phone
    Iain, May 19, 2008
  16. Nick

    Linker3000 Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <47udndLoCNqMeq3VnZ2dnUVZ8u6dnZ2d@plusnet>,
    > Martin² <> wrote:
    >> A pub in Maidstone has free Cloud WiFi.
    >> My Senao happily obtained IP address, but no SIP registration.
    >> Zyxel P2000W V2, could not get IP address from the DHCP ! God knows why -
    >> enybody else have clue ?
    >> Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
    >> be input trough a browser :-(

    > Another thing to watch out for is "broken" routers, so sometimes it's
    > not deliberate that you can get "web" access, but not SIP access.
    >
    > Some routers try to be "clever" and "know" about SIP, so negating the
    > need for a stun server, etc. unfortunately a log of them just don't work.
    > Zyxels in particular - with them you need to telnet into the router and
    > type a command to disable the SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway). Same
    > for a few others - Juniper netscreens spring to mind.
    >
    > Another reason to use IAX, if possible, but despite it being freely
    > avalable, source code an all, take-up is very slow )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    ....and Draytek 2600s..TELNET in and issue SYS SIP_ALG 0
    Linker3000, May 22, 2008
  17. Nick

    Guest

    On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:26:53 +0100, "Nick" <>
    wrote:

    >"Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    >>

    >And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    >http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

    Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
    on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
    within 28 days no questions asked .
    , May 26, 2008
  18. Nick

    wrote:

    >"Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    >>

    >And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    >http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

    Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
    on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
    within 28 days no questions asked .
    , May 26, 2008
  19. Nick

    wrote:

    >"Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
    >>

    >And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
    >http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

    Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
    on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
    within 28 days no questions asked .
    , May 26, 2008
  20. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:

    [snip]

    : Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
    : on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
    : within 28 days no questions asked .

    That's three times you've said that, Ron.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 26, 2008