    Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    --
    *W '04* <:> Open Source <:> Open Competition

    John Bailo, Jan 29, 2004

  2. John Bailo

    Miggsee Guest

    I clean carpet stains with a mild solution of Dawn dishwashing detergent and
    water. I keep a bottle in the laundry room for clothing stains. It even
    handles grass stains, tomato stains, and grease stains. Dawn rocks!

    Miggsee, Jan 29, 2004

  3. John Bailo

    kipper Guest

    What do you want help with? Get a cloth or towel and dry it up. Problem
    solved!

    kipper, Jan 29, 2004
  4. John Bailo

    John Bailo Guest

    kipper wrote:
    > What do you want help with? Get a cloth or towel and dry it up. Problem
    > solved!

    Thank you, 24 Hours Support Helpdesk !!!

    John Bailo, Jan 29, 2004
  5. John Bailo

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Jan 29, 2004
  6. "John Bailo" <> wrote in message

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.

    OxiClean!!!! That stuff takes out any stain, in my experience...including 3
    day old blood on a carpet (don't ask).

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Jan 29, 2004
  7. John Bailo

    john Guest

    John Bailo wrote:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    Just rub it into the carpet with your shoe and take out carpet insurance
    for the future. Reminds me of a woman I knew who deliberately spilt red
    wine on to her best quality wilton in order to get it cleaned on the
    insurance. A guy turns up and cleans the wine patch but not the other 98%
    of the carpet. She had to pay another guy to do that because the clean
    patch looked so conspicuous.

    --
    Powered by Mandrake Linux
    Registered Linux user 337927 - http://counter.li.org/

    john, Jan 29, 2004
  8. John Bailo

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away John Bailo was alleged to have said:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    If this isn't a joke, try Folex
    http://www.folex.net
    This works amazingly well. It even removed spilled red ink from a
    printer cartridge from my pale tan carpet. Takes out everything I've
    tried it on.

    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

    DT, Jan 29, 2004
  9. John Bailo

    Miggsee Guest

    LOL!! :) Just ask in 24hour!! :)

    Miggsee, Jan 29, 2004
  10. John Bailo

    DC Guest

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote in <>:
    > "John Bailo" <> wrote in message

    >> I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.

    > OxiClean!!!! That stuff takes out any stain, in my experience...including 3
    > day old blood on a carpet (don't ask).

    Yeah, but how does it work on chalk lines?

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jan 29, 2004
  11. DT sighed and said:

    > It even removed spilled red ink from a
    > printer cartridge

    Shurley shome mishtake. Magenta?

    --
    Ian

    Actually I think I prefer tomatoes now.

    The Onion Man, Jan 29, 2004
  12. John Bailo

    Donn Miller Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
    On 2004-01-29, John Bailo <> wrote:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    I've got one of those mini little rechargable hand "steamers". It
    comes in handy for when the dog(s) (or other pets), well, you know.
    Works great for tea, soda, and drink stains, too. I think it's a
    Bissel, but I'm not sure. Go out and buy one.

    Donn Miller, Jan 29, 2004
  13. John Bailo

    B'ichela Guest

    In article <>, Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:
    > OxiClean!!!! That stuff takes out any stain, in my experience...including 3
    > day old blood on a carpet (don't ask).

    Can you get that stuff in the grocery store? I have seen the
    informercials for it but I always thought the stuff in those
    informercials was over hypped crap. I guess its a carry over from the 70s
    when all you could get was cheap crap by TV. I hear the new Ginsu knives
    really kick butt too. If Oxiclean really does work wonders, I guess I might
    just have to order it. I got clothing with stains that even tide never
    got out. InkJet refil ink anyone? Can you order Oxiclean via the
    internet? Likewise I could use some new cookware and kitchen utensels.
    Possibly some Ginsu knives. I am being sincere in my request for info.
    Tools from TV I would want to purchase
    Red Devil portable outdoor kitchen. those pasta pots with
    built in strainer lids. Vacume sealers (I buy bulk quite often.) That
    new Micro hair trimmer. Now if Linux was distributed with Video
    Professors free CD offers... He doesn't have a course to learn KDE or
    gnome in Linux. Or the deal offered by Lauren Harris (video professor
    again?) to add say Slackware linux to the CD bundle you only pay
    shipping for.

    --
    From the Desk of the Sysop of:
    Planet Maca's Opus, a Free open BBS system.

    B'ichela, Jan 29, 2004
  14. John Bailo

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away The Onion Man was alleged to have
    said:

    > DT sighed and said:
    >

    >>It even removed spilled red ink from a
    >>printer cartridge

    > Shurley shome mishtake. Magenta?

    You are, of course, correct.....magenta. Of course it is reddish LOL..

    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

    DT, Jan 30, 2004
  15. John Bailo wrote:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    Only if it was from a Lipton tea bag. You see, the help desk
    doesn't know any other kind exists and will be stumped if you
    tell them it was loose leaf.

    --
    Scott Bicknell, AC7ZZ
    http://www.linux.org/

    Scott Bicknell, Jan 30, 2004
  16. John Bailo sighed and said:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    Sometimes the best way to cope with a stain/mark is not to try to remove
    it but to disguise it by making it just one among many. I suggest a
    liberal sprinking of Cola, red wine, beer, coffee, tomato ketchup,
    mustard, vomit, urine, anything you can think of...

    Once your carpet is covered with that lot you won't notice your original
    stain. Plus you'll never have to clean it again.

    The Onion Man, Jan 30, 2004
  17. John Bailo

    Daniel Rudy Guest

    And somewhere around the time of 01/29/2004 04:49, the world stopped and
    listened as John Bailo contributed the following to humanity:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    Probably not.

    --
    Daniel Rudy

    Remove nospam, invalid, and 0123456789 to reply.

    Daniel Rudy, Jan 30, 2004
  18. John Bailo

    olfart Guest

    "The Onion Man" <> wrote in message
    > John Bailo sighed and said:
    >

    > > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    > >
    > > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    > Sometimes the best way to cope with a stain/mark is not to try to remove
    > it but to disguise it by making it just one among many. I suggest a
    > liberal sprinking of Cola, red wine, beer, coffee, tomato ketchup,
    > mustard, vomit, urine, anything you can think of...
    >
    > Once your carpet is covered with that lot you won't notice your original
    > stain. Plus you'll never have to clean it again.

    get a St. Bernard and don't housebreak him - speed things up a litle

    olfart, Jan 30, 2004
  19. John Bailo

    geothermal Guest

    John Bailo wrote:

    > I spilled some mild tea on my apartment living room carpet.
    >
    > Can *24 hour support helpdesk*, help /me/ ?

    Try cleaning it with shaving cream. Assuming this is a light
    colored carpet, then let the shaving cream sit on the stain
    for an hour or two before using a rag to rub the stain away.
    Works in our house.

    Geothermal

    geothermal, Sep 12, 2004
  20. John Bailo