    you in advance

    Regards

    Frank

    Alexis Soyer, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Alexis Soyer

    pcbuilder.98 Guest

    "Alexis Soyer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi, i have a HP Pavilion ze4200 laptop which I brought second hand.
    > Suddenly as I use the mouse, it stops working Yet if I plug in an USB
    > mouse that appears to work. I understand plugging in an USB mouse
    > resolves the problem. But I was wondering if there was an easy cure to
    > sort in touchpad mouse out. As always appreciate any advice and thank
    > you in advance
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Frank

    Try this to troubleshoot touchpad:
    http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/wbta18000051.htm
    --
    pcbuilder98

    pcbuilder.98, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Alexis Soyer

    chuckie® Guest

    > hi, i have a HP Pavilion ze4200 laptop which I brought second hand.
    > Suddenly as I use the mouse, it stops working Yet if I plug in an USB
    > mouse that appears to work. I understand plugging in an USB mouse
    > resolves the problem. But I was wondering if there was an easy cure to
    > sort in touchpad mouse out. As always appreciate any advice and thank
    > you in advance
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Frank

    Gosh, I hate touchpads!! I'm pretty sure that I have said that before...at
    my age repitition sometimes helps. That being said, check HP's website
    (yech) and see if there is a driver or update that you can get. Sometimes,
    for no apparent reason the stupid things (touchpads, that is) get corrupted
    drivers and need to be redone. I had this happen to one of my Dell laptops,
    and reinstalling the driver seemed to cure the problem. As a side note,
    Targus makes nice small mice for laptop users....

    chuckie®, Nov 30, 2007
  4. Alexis Soyer

    Plato Guest

    Alexis Soyer wrote:

    > hi, i have a HP Pavilion ze4200 laptop which I brought second hand.
    > Suddenly as I use the mouse, it stops working Yet if I plug in an USB
    > mouse that appears to work. I understand plugging in an USB mouse
    > resolves the problem. But I was wondering if there was an easy cure to
    > sort in touchpad mouse out. As always appreciate any advice and thank
    > you in advance

    You got it second hand because the touchpad is bad. Use a USB mouse.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 30, 2007