Touch pad Troubles

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ChronicBoy, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. ChronicBoy

    ChronicBoy Guest

    Hi everyone
    Here I Go:
    My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    RAM= 4gb
    Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    it's only 4 to 5 months old
    (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    and watch movies nothing techy)

    She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    can't right click)
    In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    pc.
    now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    by right clicking
    I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    had.

    what can be the trouble

    And thank you In advanced
    ChronicBoy, Oct 15, 2009

  2. "ChronicBoy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > Here I Go:
    > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > RAM= 4gb
    > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > and watch movies nothing techy)
    >
    > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > can't right click)
    > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > pc.
    > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > by right clicking
    > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > had.
    >
    > what can be the trouble
    >
    > And thank you In advanced

    I was thinking you have a hardware issue until you removed the drivers.
    Jeff Strickland, Oct 15, 2009

  3. ChronicBoy

    huss Guest

    On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    > Here I Go:
    > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > RAM= 4gb
    > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > and watch movies nothing techy)
    >
    > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > can't right click)
    > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > pc.
    > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > by right clicking
    > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > had.
    >
    > what can be the trouble
    >
    > And thank you In advanced

    hi
    do u have a warranty for this PC if yes send it maybe they can fix it
    if not try to navigate to dell site the problem is mostly hardware
    huss, Oct 15, 2009
  4. ChronicBoy

    huss Guest

    On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    > Here I Go:
    > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > RAM= 4gb
    > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > and watch movies nothing techy)
    >
    > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > can't right click)
    > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > pc.
    > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > by right clicking
    > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > had.
    >
    > what can be the trouble
    >
    > And thank you In advanced

    can u give us more information when this strarted but as i understand
    there is a bug in the driver of the touchpad
    huss, Oct 15, 2009
  5. ChronicBoy

    ChronicBoy Guest

    On Oct 15, 3:35 am, huss <> wrote:
    > On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi everyone
    > > Here I Go:
    > > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > > RAM= 4gb
    > > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > > and watch movies nothing techy)

    > > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > > can't right click)
    > > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > > pc.
    > > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > > by right clicking
    > > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > > had.

    > > what can be the trouble

    > > And thank you In advanced

    > can u give us more information when this strarted but as i understand
    > there is a bug in the driver of the touchpad

    My GF told me that it began happening a couple of days ago.
    it's not something the pc did like about 3 months ago but it began
    very recently.
    i don't think it's a virus, because i did a couple of scans:
    AV used: AVG latest and malwarebytes anti malware.
    I still can't understand the problem.
    she can use her mouse now but without the right click opportunities.
    i searched dell's website without any results
    ChronicBoy, Oct 15, 2009
  6. ChronicBoy

    baron Guest

    ChronicBoy Inscribed thus:

    > On Oct 15, 3:35 am, huss <> wrote:
    >> On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    >>

    >> > Hi everyone
    >> > Here I Go:
    >> > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    >> > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    >> > RAM= 4gb
    >> > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    >> > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    >> > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to
    >> > muziek and watch movies nothing techy)

    >> > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    >> > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    >> > can't right click)
    >> > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    >> > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted
    >> > the pc.
    >> > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do
    >> > nothing by right clicking
    >> > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what
    >> > i had.

    >> > what can be the trouble

    >> > And thank you In advanced

    >> can u give us more information when this strarted but as i understand
    >> there is a bug in the driver of the touchpad

    > My GF told me that it began happening a couple of days ago.
    > it's not something the pc did like about 3 months ago but it began
    > very recently.
    > i don't think it's a virus, because i did a couple of scans:
    > AV used: AVG latest and malwarebytes anti malware.
    > I still can't understand the problem.
    > she can use her mouse now but without the right click opportunities.
    > i searched dell's website without any results

    Grab a Linux Live CD and boot the machine from it. If the touchpad keys
    work properly then you have other problems !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    baron, Oct 15, 2009
  7. "ChronicBoy" <> wrote in message
    On Oct 15, 3:35 am, huss <> wrote:
    > On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi everyone
    > > Here I Go:
    > > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > > RAM= 4gb
    > > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > > and watch movies nothing techy)

    > > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > > can't right click)
    > > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > > pc.
    > > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > > by right clicking
    > > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > > had.

    > > what can be the trouble

    > > And thank you In advanced

    > can u give us more information when this strarted but as i understand
    > there is a bug in the driver of the touchpad

    My GF told me that it began happening a couple of days ago.
    it's not something the pc did like about 3 months ago but it began
    very recently.
    i don't think it's a virus, because i did a couple of scans:
    AV used: AVG latest and malwarebytes anti malware.
    I still can't understand the problem.
    she can use her mouse now but without the right click opportunities.
    i searched dell's website without any results

    <JS>
    If the right mouse key does not work, odds are very strong the right mouse
    key is broken.

    </JS>
    Jeff Strickland, Oct 16, 2009
  8. ChronicBoy

    huss Guest

    On Oct 15, 6:35 pm, ChronicBoy <> wrote:
    > On Oct 15, 3:35 am, huss <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Oct 15, 4:36 am, ChronicBoy <> wrote:

    > > > Hi everyone
    > > > Here I Go:
    > > > My GF has a Del Inspiron 1440
    > > > Installed OS= Home Premium 64 but
    > > > RAM= 4gb
    > > > Intel Core 2 Duo T4200 2.00 Ghz
    > > > it's only 4 to 5 months old
    > > > (she's a no brainer meaning: she only makes homework listen to muziek
    > > > and watch movies nothing techy)

    > > > She already has a problem with the touch pad.
    > > > In a normal boot the touch pad doesn't work( can;t move can't click
    > > > can't right click)
    > > > In safe mode(she can click, move and right click)
    > > > What i did is remove the dell touchpad drivers and then rebooted the
    > > > pc.
    > > > now She can Move and click and Double click but she can't do nothing
    > > > by right clicking
    > > > I tried to install new drivers but i get the same problem that what i
    > > > had.

    > > > what can be the trouble

    > > > And thank you In advanced

    > > can u give us more information when this strarted but as i understand
    > > there is a bug in the driver of the touchpad

    > My GF told me that it began happening a couple of days ago.
    > it's not something the pc did like about 3 months ago but it began
    > very recently.
    > i don't think it's a virus, because i did a couple of scans:
    > AV used: AVG latest and malwarebytes anti malware.
    > I still can't understand the problem.
    > she can use her mouse now but without the right click opportunities.
    > i searched dell's website without any results- Hide quoted text -

    Is there any authorized dell shop near you or the seller you brought
    from him have dell service this is the best i can do
    huss, Oct 17, 2009