    all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
    the puzzle?

    thanks....digger

    digger odell, Sep 20, 2010

  2. digger odell

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:36:38 -0700 (PDT), digger odell wrote:

    > More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. I
    > thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
    > can't even install it. Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
    > all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
    > the puzzle?
    >
    > thanks....digger

    Some times that is what you must do. As the firewall/antivirus stuff might
    see it as a harmful intrusion.

    richard, Sep 20, 2010

  3. digger odell

    chuckcar Guest

    digger odell <> wrote in

    > More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely. I
    > thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
    > can't even install it. Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
    > all anti-malware protections. Or am I missing an important piece of
    > the puzzle?

    The readme file?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 21, 2010
  4. digger odell

    digger odell Guest

    On Sep 20, 7:24 pm, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > digger odell <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > More often than not, program installations hang up indefinitely.  I
    > > thought Vista Manager 4.0.0.4 might help to resolve this issue but I
    > > can't even install it.  Presumably I need to disable any firewall and
    > > all anti-malware protections.  Or am I missing an important piece of
    > > the puzzle?

    > The readme file?
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )

    No installation, no readme file ...
    Update: after disabling the Vista firewall AND all active A/V crap,
    I'm still unable to install Vista Manager.... even in the C:/
    directory!!!! 'Tis a puzzle.

    digger

    digger odell, Sep 21, 2010