    I'm at a loss how to do this. Tried setting up print via HP instructions but
    set-up crashed.

    Any help appreciated.

    Ralfalfa, Apr 23, 2009

  2. If it is a wireless printer why is it "USB'd to a PC"?

    If it is wireless it should be able to operate wirelessly with the ATT
    device using its own IP#.

    PCs will use the printer as a "local" printer via a "TCP/IP Port" instead
    of an LTP or UBS port. It would not be considered as a "shared" printer and
    no other PC has to be on for it to be used. However it may have to be
    connected to a PC via USB first to get it setup for the wireless.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Apr 23, 2009

  3. Ralfalfa

    Lem Guest

    Ralfalfa wrote:
    > I have 2 PC's and 1 laptop, all running Win XP. All connect wirelessly to
    > internet via 2-wire modem (ATT-Uverse). I would like to set up home network
    > so all can talk to each other, share files etc. Also have wireless printer,
    > USB'd to one PC that I would like to be used by all computers. It is not
    > convenient to have one PC hardwired to modem.
    > I'm at a loss how to do this. Tried setting up print via HP instructions but
    > set-up crashed.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Can you be a little more specific than "set-up crashed"?

    Try setup with antivirus disabled. If that doesn't work, try it in Safe
    Mode with networking.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Apr 23, 2009
  4. Ralfalfa

    Ralfalfa Guest

    The reason that its USB'd is so I can use it, being ignorant about your
    suggestion. It was "set-up" per HP instruction so have its IP address. Will
    try your suggestion. Bigger issue is to get the PC's to talk to each other.

    thanks

    Ralfalfa, Apr 23, 2009
  5. Ralfalfa

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    The Wireless Printer should be connected to the Router. Being Wireless it is
    Network Ready Printer, and it can be used by all Networked computers without
    being connected to one specific computer.
    You should arrange the network so that it is possible to connect one
    computer with a wire to the Router.
    You might need it for configuration and emergency in case you end up locking
    yourself out of the Wireless.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#onewire
    If all the computer have valid Internet connection, Sharing is matter of the
    sharing configuration on each computer, and has nothing to do with Wire, or
    Wireless.
    Firewall instructions.
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -