    connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
    three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?
    TIA Beth
    beth, Apr 27, 2005

  2. beth

    Guest

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:10:36 +0100, "beth" <>
    wrote:

    |>I know this is the wrong group for this subject, but you are all so very
    |>helpful I thought you might be able to point me to the right group, HOW to
    |>connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
    |>three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?

    http://tinyurl.com/cpmun (Google)
    or
    http://dvd.box.sk/
    (you might find http://www.bugmenot.com/ of use here)

    --
    The Eagle Nebula image release on Hubble's 15th birthday
    http://tinyurl.com/982nm (space.com)

  3. beth

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:10:36 +0100, beth wrote:

    >I know this is the wrong group for this subject, but you are all so very

    Not really wrong.

    >helpful I thought you might be able to point me to the right group, HOW to
    >connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
    >three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?
    >TIA Beth

    Follow the instructions in the TV/DVD/FV manuals? Usually there are
    pictures showing the bits and cable types / sockets.

    Usually it's something like

    TV signal in (cable / aerial) to the RF IN of the freeview box.

    The VCR (output) SCART sockrt output of the FV box to

    an AV2/External/Decoder SCART socket going into the DVD recorder

    the DVD recorder would then have a 2nd SCART output AV1/TV

    connect that to the TV (depending on your TV input connectors)

    The SCART connectors are normally marked IN/Ext. and OUT/TV , so it's a
    case of connecting the OUTs from one device to the INs of the others.

    If you don't have SCART cables or enough SCART sockets, you can connect
    the bits together using coax RF leads.

    FV box RF in , from cable/aerial. FV box RF out, to DVD RF in , DVD RF
    out to TV RF in.

    SCART plug picture (both ends of the connecting cable)
    http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/phil/videostudio/images/scart.jpg
    SCART socket (on the back of the FV/DVD/TV)
    http://tvtool.info/jpgs/cableguide/scart.jpg

    Some devices also use SCART to RCA phono connectors, the FV/TV/DVD may
    well have a set of 3 coloured sockets to match this type of cable
    http://www.italianeditors.com/divx_images/scart.jpg

    If that's a lot of mince , try www.google.com

    http://www.google.com/search?q=tv freeview dvd recorder connection

    Connection tv dvd/combi & freeview box
    Archive through March 14, 2005 > Connection tv dvd/combi & freeview bo.
    .... get my dvd/combi to record digital channels via a freeview set top
    box.tv (Bush ...
    http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/126606.html - 14k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Connecting TV, Sky Box, DVD Recorder, VCR
    ... Hi can i connect my freeview box to a DVD-R to Video Recorder to
    my TV so i can still record of both the video and the dvd so i can
    switch from any one ...
    http://orum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/105848.html - 117k - Cached
    - Similar pages
    [ More results from forum.ecoustics.com ]

    Freeview - information on free-to-view TV
    .... Connect - Plug your new Freeview set-top box to your existing TV
    aerial. ... boxes with CD and DVD players, DVD recorders, and hard-disk
    recorders. ...
    www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

    New to Freeview?
    ... Internet / email access, built-in CD / DVD players, DVD
    recorders, or hard-disk recorders. ... You now need to connect from your
    Freeview box to the TV. ...
    www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewnew.html - 18k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    [ More results from www.radioandtelly.co.uk ]

    Me
    why?, Apr 27, 2005
  4. beth

    °Mike° Guest

    In <d4odi0$v8n$>,
    beth took 7 lines to utter:

    >I know this is the wrong group for this subject,

    If you think that, then you know nothing about this group.

    >but you are all so very helpful I thought you might be able to
    >point me to the right group,

    This group is as good as any -- nothing is "off topic" here.

    >HOW to connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!!

    Connecting up your TV, VCR, Satbox and DVD player
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/articles/wvarticles/general/200105_connections.php

    Connectivity Guidelines
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/publications/books/connectivity_guidelines.pdf

    You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to view the second link.
    You can get it (free) here:

    >I have been trying for three days now can you help me find
    >the correct group to ask please?
    >TIA Beth

    As I said, this group is fine.

    --