    Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
    permissions. The Semaphore timeout period has expired.". Would somebody
    please tell me how to make this work!!!

    Joe, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Joe

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Joe came up with the following;:
    > Could some body PLEASE help me!
    > I have a Windows 98SE PC with an ADSL modem that connects to my computer
    > through a USB port, the modem only has one port on it (no ethernet) and
    > I have a Windows XP Home Edition PC with no internet connection. I have
    > connected them both with a crossover ethernet cable, but I cannot work
    > out how to set up FIle/Printer Sharing.
    >
    > The Windows 98SE Computer (called N0O6W3) can view the shared files on
    > the Windows XP computer (called DJY6SM1J) but when I double click on the
    > name of the Windows 98 PC on the Windows XP PC it says "\\N0o6w3 is not
    > accesible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.
    > Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
    > permissions. The Semaphore timeout period has expired.". Would somebody
    > please tell me how to make this work!!!

    http://www.homenethelp.com/connection-sharing.asp
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/

    might help.

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Joe

    roach Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Could some body PLEASE help me!

    !!!

    snip>

    trying to get 98 to talk to xp is a fuckin nightmare mate
    unless you know exactly what your doing

    if the 98 machine is a decent spec wipe it clean and install xp then start
    again

    roach

    roach, Jun 1, 2005