    I've just got a copy of total recorder 3.4 and can only seem to be
    able to record as wave files. I would be gratefull if anyone could shed any
    light on how to record as MP3. Cheers
    Phil Walton, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Phil Walton

    Shadooby Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >"Phil Walton" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've just got a copy of total recorder 3.4 and can only
    >> seem to be
    >> able to record as wave files. I would be gratefull if anyone could
    >> shed any light on how to record as MP3. Cheers

    >What I usually do is use LAME with the RazorLame frontend which will
    >convert any WAV file into a MP3 file with any bit rate and frequency
    >you specify. It's freeware and very good:
    >http://www.mp3-converter.com/encoders/lame_encoder2.htm

    I believe with the latest versions of Total Recorder you can specify an
    mp3 codec such as LAME as your output, which in Phil's case would bypass the
    need for using the Razor front end, and save him the hassle of recording the
    files twice.
    Shadooby, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Normally, you don't create MP3's directly, you first create a Wave file
    and then convert it to an MP3. There are some specific cases in which
    specific programs create MP3 files directly, but that not the most
    general way in which MP3's are created.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 27, 2003