    I see a lot of posts that seem like they are downloads (movies etc etc), how
    do i actually make sence of all of that (as in download it and un rar it or
    what not)
    peter, Aug 8, 2006

  2. peter

    Mike Easter Guest

    peter wrote:

    > I see a lot of posts that seem like they are downloads (movies etc
    > etc),

    You mean you 'see something' in binary groups. You might see something
    yEncoded which is also rar/ed.

    > how do i actually make sence of all of that (as in download it
    > and un rar it or what not)

    You are at the disadvantage of using a newsreader which doesn't natively
    de-yEncode so you have to deal with that.

    Either you get a newsreader which can natively de-yEncode, or you use
    something to help OE do it like yProxy.

    If you use yProxy, then what OE gets it can combine, so that you get the
    rar file. Then you un-rar that.

    http://www.yproxy.com/ yProxy Pro allows any newsreader to support
    "yEnc" Decoding!
    The easiest way to yDecode!

    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php Slyck's Guide to The Newsgroups

    Slyck doesn't have much advice like yProxy for OE, he assumes people are
    going to use some other newsreader.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 8, 2006