    money, what do i need to do to persue forward?

    Regards
    Barney
    Barney Grossman, May 28, 2004

  2. Barney Grossman

    Mark Guest

    I would recommend you get your CompTia A+ certification first to ensure your
    really familiar with Windows OS's and hardware.

    --
    Mark
    MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+

    Mark, May 28, 2004

  3. Barney Grossman

    Neil Guest

    "Barney Grossman" <> wrote in news:145ae01c444b8
    $77b35850$:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am currently a student and i want to get a Microsoft
    > Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST). I have no
    > idea what to do from here.
    >
    > I am fairly computer literate, and do not have alot of
    > money, what do i need to do to persue forward?
    >
    > Regards
    > Barney

    www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst should have all the details you need
    (and probably a bunch you don't<grin>)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 28, 2004
  4. MCDST questions have a fixed format: The first paragraph starts with
    "You are a Desktop Support Technician" and then follows with a
    sentence or two describing the environment. The second and possibly
    third paragraph provides the problem statement. In the next section,
    you will provide your answer. Most are multiple choice but you may be
    asked to click on a displayed dialog box.
    --------------------
    I've used and recommend the practice tests from SelfTest. Go to
    www.selftestsoftware.com. They have the look and feel of the actual
    exams. Also, the questions are highly relevant.
    Until study texts are available, I would recommend the Microsoft
    Resource kits.

    For the 70-271: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit Second
    Edition
    For the 70-272: Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit

    Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST, May 28, 2004