    still be able to use my IE browser... in other words, can I use either
    browser? Also can I continue to use Outlook Express as my email client?
    Thanks.... jod

    Jim ODonnell, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Jim ODonnell

    JD Guest

    Yes. And yes. :) I'm doing that now on my setup. I have FF as the
    default, but you could choose to leave IE as the default.

    JD

    --

    JD

    JD, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Jim ODonnell

    Charles Guest

    "Jim ODonnell" <> wrote in message
    > Have just read about Firefox and am complete novice. If I install it will
    > I still be able to use my IE browser...<snip>

    Sure. But will you want to?

    Charles, Dec 24, 2004
  4. Jim ODonnell

    Nancy Guest

    >> Have just read about Firefox and am complete novice. If I install it
    >> will I still be able to use my IE browser...<snip>

    > Sure. But will you want to?

    Well, maybe, if you keep getting 'connection refused' messages while
    browsing around the internet, or use an Intuit product.

    I can solve most of my own problems, but the connection refused messages
    are making me more crazed than usual. Any ideas (other than meds :) ?

    Nancy

    Nancy, Dec 24, 2004
  5. Jim ODonnell

    Charles Guest

    "Nancy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Have just read about Firefox and am complete novice. If I install it
    >>> will I still be able to use my IE browser...<snip>

    >> Sure. But will you want to?

    > Well, maybe, if you keep getting 'connection refused' messages while
    > browsing around the internet, or use an Intuit product.
    >
    > I can solve most of my own problems, but the connection refused messages
    > are making me more crazed than usual. Any ideas (other than meds :) ?
    >
    > Nancy

    Hmm, not having a problem with Firefox 1.0 here. A couple of things, is
    it a clean install (not over an earlier version)? That sometimes causes
    problems, but as at www.mozillazine.org most of the problems are
    completely Unrelated to Firefox but it gets the blame as the most recently
    installed program. Any specific url's you could post so we can verify if the
    problem is with Firefox or your comp/settings?

    Charles, Dec 24, 2004
  6. Jim ODonnell

    Nancy Guest

    >> Well, maybe, if you keep getting 'connection refused' messages while
    >> browsing around the internet, or use an Intuit product.

    > Hmm, not having a problem with Firefox 1.0 here. A couple of things,
    > is it a clean install (not over an earlier version)? That sometimes
    > causes problems, but as at www.mozillazine.org most of the problems
    > are completely Unrelated to Firefox but it gets the blame as the most
    > recently installed program. Any specific url's you could post so we
    > can verify if the problem is with Firefox or your comp/settings?

    Hi Charles!

    I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
    connect to: http://www.superseeds.com

    Each time I've gotten the message, I've decided that there is some check
    for IE, and thus, the page must not be very interesting. :) But, as long
    as someone threw down the gauntlet, I figured I'd reply.

    OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
    tell.

    Nancy

    Nancy, Dec 24, 2004
  7. Jim ODonnell

    Charles Guest

    > Hi Charles!
    >
    > I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
    > connect to: http://www.superseeds.com
    >
    > Each time I've gotten the message, I've decided that there is some check
    > for IE, and thus, the page must not be very interesting. :) But, as long
    > as someone threw down the gauntlet, I figured I'd reply.
    >
    > OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
    > tell.
    >
    > Nancy

    Hi Nancy,

    Well I couldn't get that link to open up in Firefox OR IE, so it may just be
    bad link. If you come across any that will open in IE but not in Firefox let
    us
    know and we'll certainly let *them* know ;)

    As for Quicken, I'm using 2004 Basic and again have no problem going to
    their site etc. (I just checked by hitting the link from within The Quicken
    page)
    I don't use online banking with them perhaps there's a problem there? If
    there
    is the recommended course of action is to write them a polite Email pointing
    out the growing percentage of Firefox users, and asking why they are not
    supporting this (Large) group of people.

    As I said many people have been focusing on The Firefox installation, which
    is detracting them from fixing possible other problems either with their
    machines
    or with other sites.

    Charles, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Jim ODonnell

    JD Guest

    I couldn't load that page in either FF or IE.

    --

    JD

    JD, Dec 24, 2004
  9. JD wrote:
    > I couldn't load that page in either FF or IE.

    >>> Hmm, not having a problem with Firefox 1.0 here. A couple of things,
    >>> is it a clean install (not over an earlier version)? That sometimes
    >>> causes problems, but as at www.mozillazine.org most of the problems
    >>> are completely Unrelated to Firefox but it gets the blame as the most
    >>> recently installed program. Any specific url's you could post so we
    >>> can verify if the problem is with Firefox or your comp/settings?

    >> Hi Charles!
    >>
    >> I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
    >> connect to: http://www.superseeds.com
    >>
    >> Each time I've gotten the message, I've decided that there is some
    >> check for IE, and thus, the page must not be very interesting. :) But,
    >> as long as someone threw down the gauntlet, I figured I'd reply.
    >>
    >> OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I
    >> can tell.
    >>
    >> Nancy

    For what its worth, the page wouldn't open in Safari either, or in IE on
    the Mac.

    Then again, it wouldn't open in either Firefox or IE on XP either.
    Either the page has been removed, or the server is down

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 25, 2004
  10. Jim ODonnell

    Z Guest

    Nancy wrote:
    > I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
    > connect to: http://www.superseeds.com

    FF 1.0: www.superseeds.com could not be found

    IE 6 : The page cannot be displayed

    Looks to be a DNS lookup problem.

    Z, Dec 25, 2004
  11. Jim ODonnell

    Z Guest

    Nancy wrote:
    > OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
    > tell.

    Post the URL ... maybe you've got security turned up too high in FF.

    Z, Dec 25, 2004
  12. Jim ODonnell

    .brian. Guest

    (On 12/24/04 11:15) Nancy wrote:

    >>>Well, maybe, if you keep getting 'connection refused' messages while
    >>>browsing around the internet, or use an Intuit product.

    >>Hmm, not having a problem with Firefox 1.0 here. A couple of things,
    >>is it a clean install (not over an earlier version)? That sometimes
    >>causes problems, but as at www.mozillazine.org most of the problems
    >>are completely Unrelated to Firefox but it gets the blame as the most
    >>recently installed program. Any specific url's you could post so we
    >>can verify if the problem is with Firefox or your comp/settings?

    > Hi Charles!
    >
    > I got the last connection refused message this morning when trying to
    > connect to: http://www.superseeds.com
    >
    > Each time I've gotten the message, I've decided that there is some check
    > for IE, and thus, the page must not be very interesting. :) But, as long
    > as someone threw down the gauntlet, I figured I'd reply.
    >
    > OTOH, neither Quicken nor Quickbooks will run without IE as far as I can
    > tell.
    >
    > Nancy

    I checked the link with multiple browsers right after you posted your
    message, and it timed out every time for me also. Then I checked with
    multiple name servers, and the name didn't resolve. I checked again
    today... same outcome. So *that* particular link isn't a Firefox problem.
    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm