    I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no. Thanks
    in advance.

    Windows XP SP2

    21, Oct 18, 2006

  2. 21

    Guest

    21 ha escrito:

    > I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP address
    > when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort of proxy that
    > I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no. Thanks
    > in advance.
    >
    > Windows XP SP2

    , Oct 18, 2006

  3. 21

    21 Guest

    I don't think your response came through. Should I just repost the question?

    21, Oct 18, 2006
  4. 21

    Mr User Guest

    21 wrote:
    > I don't think your response came through. Should I just repost the question?
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >> 21 ha escrito:
    >>
    >>> I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP
    >>> address
    >>> when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort of proxy
    >>> that
    >>> I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no.
    >>> Thanks
    >>> in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP SP2

    Um what about a firewall?

    Mr User, Oct 18, 2006
  5. 21

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:54:25 -0700, "21" <> wrote:

    >I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP address
    >when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort of proxy that
    >I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no. Thanks
    >in advance.

    None that I know of. I mean think about it. You're connecting to them.
    They would need to know your IP.

    Evan Platt, Oct 18, 2006
  6. On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:54:25 -0700, "21" <> opined:

    >I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP address
    >when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort of proxy that
    >I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no. Thanks
    >in advance.
    >
    >Windows XP SP2

    Got banned cheating on Counter Strike servers?

    Alpine Wintergreen, Oct 18, 2006
  7. Evan Platt schrieb:
    > On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:54:25 -0700, "21" <> wrote:
    > >I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP address
    > >when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort of proxy that
    > >I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have contacted say no. Thanks
    > >in advance.

    > None that I know of. I mean think about it. You're connecting to them.
    > They would need to know your IP.

    Nah, if he's paranoid or plans to do immoral things (such as cheat) a
    proxy might indeed disguise his IP address (but not to the proxy owner,
    of course).
    See e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network).

    However, to provide anonymity even when someone is watching inbound and
    outbound traffic to the anonymity server, latency ("lag" in gamer terms)
    is usually introduced, i.e. a packet you send to the proxy can't be sent
    out right away, or it'd be obvious who sent it.

    Furthermore, such proxies are often not supporting the ports needed by
    games. Some games also open connections from the server or other players
    directly back to the player's PC, and the anonymizing proxy would
    probably be unable to connect those properly, i.e. the game wouldn't
    start.

    That said, there might be people who run such proxies somewhere if you
    look hard enough, although I'm inclined to think there aren't.

    -mendel
    --
    Isn't it amazing how you don't know how to do something and then you do?
    -- Bubbly blonde, Overheard in New York, February 04, 2005

    Michael Mendelsohn, Oct 18, 2006
  8. 21

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "21" <> wrote in news:SHgZg.4164$V6.902@fed1read06:

    > I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP
    > address when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort
    > of proxy that I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have
    > contacted say no. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Windows XP SP2

    This might do what you want:

    http://tor.eff.org/

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 18, 2006
  9. 21

    Mr User Guest

    Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    > "21" <> wrote in news:SHgZg.4164$V6.902@fed1read06:
    >
    >> I am not using a browser. I have game programs that transmit my IP
    >> address when I connect. Is there some way to prevent this or some sort
    >> of proxy that I can use. So far all of the proxy services I have
    >> contacted say no. Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Windows XP SP2

    > This might do what you want:
    >
    > http://tor.eff.org/

    Not a chance .. latency is extreme, throughput is very low (sub-dial up)
    and many port are deliberately blocked to prevent abuse of the bandwidth.

    Mr User, Oct 19, 2006