    The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002

    This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    SchoolTech, Mar 23, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:08:53 +1200, SchoolTech wrote:

    > I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
    > Agere version 7.62.0.390
    > The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
    >
    > This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    > update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    I've got a Satellite and the wireless is a minipci board. If this is the
    case, then you can probably get a replacement for about $80 off trademe.

    Steve

    Steve, Mar 23, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    SteveM Guest

    SchoolTech <> wrote in news:44222d66$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
    > Agere version 7.62.0.390
    > The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
    >
    > This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    > update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.

    s d m c c at i h u g co nz

    SteveM, Mar 23, 2006
  4. SchoolTech

    SchoolTech Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:40:18 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <>
    wrote:

    >SchoolTech <> wrote in news:44222d66$1
    >@clear.net.nz:
    >
    >> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers are
    >> Agere version 7.62.0.390
    >> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
    >>
    >> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    >> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    >I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.
    >

    >s d m c c at i h u g co nz

    Hardly worth replacing the card since under warranty so it would have
    to be fitted by a service agent with charge. The laptop is leased
    anyway so we'll just use it wired until the lease runs out in a year
    or so.

    SchoolTech, Mar 23, 2006
  5. SchoolTech

    SteveM Guest

    SchoolTech <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:40:18 +0000 (UTC), SteveM <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>SchoolTech <> wrote in news:44222d66$1
    >>@clear.net.nz:
    >>
    >>> I have a Satellite A10 that has one of these installed. The drivers
    >>> are Agere version 7.62.0.390
    >>> The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002
    >>>
    >>> This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    >>> update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    >>I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.
    >>

    >>s d m c c at i h u g co nz

    > Hardly worth replacing the card since under warranty so it would have
    > to be fitted by a service agent with charge. The laptop is leased
    > anyway so we'll just use it wired until the lease runs out in a year
    > or so.

    Fair enough, but really, changing the wireless card takes 2 minutes and a
    small philips screwdriver. You warranty will not be affected. You can
    reinstall the old card before you return the laptop under the lease.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Mar 24, 2006