    site) that will enable WPA on this card?

    Thanks
    Al Blake, Canberra, Australia
    Al Blake, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Al Blake

    Al Blake Guest

    Answered my own question:
    Just found an updated driver package at www.agere.com - contains the right
    driver and is version 7.82.0.550 (22/9/2003) and it *does* support WPA.
    Hope that helps somone else.
    Al.

    Al Blake, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Al Blake

    jenns2318

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Same issue

    HI,
    I'm having the same issue with my computer, but wasn't able to find the download at the link you provided.

    Can you tell me where it was that you found this driver?
    Did it work for you?

    Thanks,
    Jenn
    jenns2318, Nov 15, 2007
  4. Al Blake

    wiak

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
    wiak, Feb 1, 2008
  5. Al Blake

    MikeT17

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks for your help

    Hi Wiak (and Al Blake)
    Just to say, thanks a million for loading the wlan drivers here for my satellite pro 6100. They work like a dream for any 6100 owner who needs wpa and according to device manager, has a "Toshiba Wireless LAN mini pci card" in the laptop. After days of trying to find the drivers, I had concluded it was a hardware problem that I could not get wpa and was about to buy a pcmia card which would not have been a good solution.
    MikeT17, Feb 21, 2008
  6. Al Blake

    ahotbot

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks Champs, I just downloaded these for the oldish Tecra 9000 and its WPA is working!
    ahotbot, Feb 24, 2008
  7. Al Blake

    keithk23

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Links are dead?

    Hey there,
    Glad to see some good news on getting WPA to work, but none of those links are working for me!

    Could someone provide a new link PLEASE?

    Thanks in advance!
    Keith
    keithk23, Mar 6, 2008
  8. Al Blake

    Beckie65

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    UK
    hi i have followed the links provided but can't install them as it doesn't have a setup icon please help im desperate for these drivers, thanks
    Beckie65, May 15, 2008
  9. Al Blake

    jrickers

    Joined:
    May 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I followed the links and found a zip file of all kinds of files. What exactly do I need to replace to get my drivers working?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    jrickers, May 26, 2008
  10. Al Blake

    gj70297

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    wpa driver for wireless lan mini pci card

    I can't thank the folks here enough for the driver which now permits wpa security on our wireless network.. mine being the older wep enable device.

    In answer to the last posting, you need to first download the driver, unzip it, and then go to device manager and upgrade the driver version from your newly downloaded driver.

    Good luck
    gj70297, Jun 5, 2008
  11. Al Blake

    Manic_8Ball

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Portege 3500 WPA problems

    Thank you all so much for you posts regarding upgrading the drivers for the Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Card, they indeed allowed me to configure the connection for WPA-PSK/TKIP authentication.

    Unfortunately, it will not connect. I have a Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless-N Router (WNR834B) using WPA-PSK (both in TKIP and AES modes). The SSID is broadcasting, and the Portege can see it, but when it tries to connect, after a few minutes it will either search for available wireless networks again (like I hit the refresh button, but I didn't) or it will give me the message "Windows cannot connect to the network...Either the network is offline or is experiencing difficulties," or something like that. Is there something I'm forgetting, or is the WPA just not clicking between the laptop and the router? Please help, this is starting to get on my nerves.
    Manic_8Ball, Jul 31, 2008
  12. Al Blake

    balexan

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I updated my drivers to 7.82... I still do not have the WPA option in my wireless configuration. Any ideas?
    balexan, Apr 22, 2009
  13. Al Blake

    mchaudh

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    hi guys,
    Thanks, I was able to resolve this issue with a little playing around, it didnt happen right after updating drivers for me and I faced same problems initially like balexan and Manic_8Ball....

    balexan, and Manic, delete everything from your wireless networks, which is already there, it can sometimes conflict..go to my Networkconnnections>ToshibaWireless mini card (right click properties)>Wireless networks Tab>Preferred Networks(remove all)

    Now next step, go to Setup a wireless network wizard, select all WPA related settings...and you will get the connection...I tried to do manually without the wizard and it didnt work..keept tryign to connect..and balexan once you add somethign to preffered network then click properties, you can choose in network authentication drop down menu for WPA-PSK..and TKIP below it.

    Hope this helps. GL
    mchaudh, Nov 23, 2009
  14. Al Blake

    driver

    Joined:
    May 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi can you email the driver to me, plz

    I can't access the zip files either. I'm sure one of you kind souls has it stored.

    driver, May 1, 2011
  15. Al Blake

    jckalina

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    2011 Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI card & WPA

    i tried all of the previous links and none "worked" in the here and now of 2011... i chased my tail around www.agere.com, www.lsi.com , www.proxim.com , Alcatel-Lucent website, to name a few.

    i finally found a FREE link or two to get the updated driver. I downloaded from http://driverzone.com/{0624e1bf-8490-401b-ba54-658ace36001e}?id=2386104 and installed, BUT have yet to find the correct tweaking in Network Connections or Wireless Network Setup Wizard.

    i may download and reinstall from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/to...re-client-manager/page__pid__10853#entry10853 to see if this is "better" source.

    Plan to post success or cry for help.
    jckalina, Sep 8, 2011