    in the UK, gratefully received.

    TIA

    Barry

    barry, Feb 6, 2004

  2. barry

    nemo2 Guest

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:54:54 -0000, "barry"
    <> wrote:

    >My Tosh Tecra 8200 notebook PC has started to act up. The lid/screen has a
    >switch built in to turn off the screen when closed. When I open the lid I
    >now get a brief spark of life from the screen followed by nothing.
    >Any help or advice along with details of decent repairer or parts supplier
    >in the UK, gratefully received.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Barry

    Barry,

    What OS? For Win2K go to:

    Start->Settiings->Control Panel

    Double click on "Power Options" select "Advanced" and check what you
    have your laptop set to do when you close the lid. If necessary you
    may need to find out how you bring it out of standby/hibenate, i.e.
    flick the "power switch", hit the "Enter" key or move the mouse.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Feb 6, 2004