Toshiba SD-V392 Has Volume Control?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by asdf, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. asdf

    asdf Guest

    asdf, Sep 18, 2004

  2. >Manual doesn't say if it does. Picture of the remote doesn't have any volume
    >buttons. Can't believe that a remote would'nt have any volume control:

    I'm a bit confused. The product you linked to is a DVD/VCR combo unit- why
    would you want it to have a volume control? Volume controls would be available
    on the sound system (or television speaker) to which this thing would be
    connected.

    Robert Morgan, Sep 18, 2004

  3. asdf

    Biz Guest

    Have you ever seen a VCR with a volume control? How about a DVD player.
    Since they do not have speakers or amps, they dont need volume controls.
    The volume control will be on whatever they are connected to. Like a TV,
    stereo/HT. Only if the remote can be used with other devices like a TV/etc
    will it have buttons for the TV volume...

    Biz, Sep 18, 2004
  4. asdf

    luminos Guest

    More idiocy.

    luminos, Sep 18, 2004
  5. asdf

    Jay G. Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in ...
    > Have you ever seen a VCR with a volume control? How about a DVD player.

    Actually, my DVD player does have a volume control, although it's not like
    I ever use it.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Sep 18, 2004
  6. asdf

    Biz Guest

    "Jay G." <> wrote in message

    > "Biz" <> wrote in ...
    > > Have you ever seen a VCR with a volume control? How about a DVD player.

    > Actually, my DVD player does have a volume control, although it's not like
    > I ever use it.
    >
    > -Jay

    What make/model is it? You also help make my argument saying you never use
    it, I cant imagine anyone would use a volume control on a DVD player. For
    clarification, I'm strictly talking about DVD players, not combos, not
    HTIBs, etc...

    Biz, Sep 18, 2004
  7. asdf

    awknod Guest

    My dvd has a volume control, and I use it all the time,
    powerful amplifier, that DOESN`T have it`s own volume control. so of course
    the volume control on the dvd player is quite good.

    awknod, Sep 19, 2004
  8. asdf

    Camper Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Have you ever seen a VCR with a volume control? How about a DVD player.
    > Since they do not have speakers or amps, they dont need volume controls.
    > The volume control will be on whatever they are connected to. Like a TV,
    > stereo/HT. Only if the remote can be used with other devices like a

    TV/etc
    > will it have buttons for the TV volume...

    Both my 4 year old DVD remote as well as my pay TV remote have volume
    control and don't have speakers or amps.

    Camper, Sep 22, 2004
  9. asdf

    awknod, Sep 22, 2004