    for this model that would eanble this?.

    Thanks,

    Adrian
    Adrian, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Adrian

    Tatifan Guest

    "Adrian" <> wrote in message news:<FIkjc.88826$>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just got a new Toshiba SD-4900 which has excellent picture and other
    > features but doesn't remember the last location, not even for the DVD that's
    > in the player, not to talk about DVDs that have been removed. So if I watch
    > a movie, turn the DVD off (standby actually) and then turn it on again, it
    > starts at the very beginning. I couldn't find any setting that would enable
    > this. Before this player I had a low end one and even that one was able to
    > remember the position of the last 10 DVDs or so. Is there any way this can
    > be set so it memorize the last position? Are there maybe firmware upgrades
    > for this model that would eanble this?.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Adrian

    Yes, this is a pain on the SD-3900 as well. The best thing for a
    short break with the disc still in the machine is to use the pause
    button -- that will hold it without the machine turning off, or the
    resume function cutting out in "stop" mode (which seems to happen
    after not much more than 5 minutes!). I don't know of a firmware
    upgrade. This and the lack of a remaining time display are strange
    omissions in the newer Toshibas -- also, they took away incremental
    zoom out (great for dealing with non amamorphic lbx stuff that doesn't
    quite fit the zoom in mode on a 16:9 tv) that the 3800, 4800 had.
    But THOSE machines can't be made region free...

    I'm assuming you know about the region free capabilities?
    Tatifan, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    > I'm assuming you know about the region free capabilities?

    Yes, although I'm not sure it's going to be very useful in my case - I only
    get DVDs at Blockbuster and Hollywood video :).

    Adrian
    Adrian, Apr 28, 2004