    the router was the problem, I purchased a Belkin 54G Model F5D7230-4, Version
    3000 with exactly the same results so I believe this to be a setting issue
    with the configuration.) Any help would be most appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmVyb21heQ==?=, May 11, 2005

  2. On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:10:02 -0700, "veromay"
    <> wrote :

    >My USR8054 Router has been updated with Version 1.67b44 (125 Mbps Update) - I
    >CAN connect to internet via ethernet but am unable to connect wireless with
    >my new Toshiba Satellite P35-S611 Laptop running Windows XP Home with SP2. I
    >was on the phone for about 3 hours with Toshiba Support Technician (Level 4)
    >following service call visit by Comcast Technician who attempted to work with
    >the issue for 1 hour. Windows Patch KB884020-x86-enu and WinsockpFix were
    >both applied to the Laptop without success. The Laptop has Atheros AR5005GS
    >Wireless Network Adapter. All security features and firewall were turned off
    >and still unable to connect. The USR8054 Network is seen with excellent
    >strength but laptop can not acquire valid IP address under wireless
    >condition. Toshiba referred me to USRobotics for solution. (Note, thinking
    >the router was the problem, I purchased a Belkin 54G Model F5D7230-4, Version
    >3000 with exactly the same results so I believe this to be a setting issue
    >with the configuration.) Any help would be most appreciated.

    Don't know if this is applicable in your situation but I ran into a
    similar problem last night, trying to connect to our company's
    wireless network in Italy after arriving from Australia.

    Turns out the network was set up to require use of proxies, which
    wasn't necessary in Australia. Once I went to Internet
    Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings and ticked
    "Use A Proxy Server for your Lan" and put in the correct address
    (192.168.0.1 for me) and port number (3128 for me), I connected OK.
    Nobody knows why the network is set up to require the proxy.
    HTH

    Peter Wilkins, May 18, 2005

  3. Re: Toshiba Satellite P35-S611 & WinXP Home SP2 wireless networkin

    The wireless card was replaced and now seems to work better - still a problem
    with wireless connection drops however.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmVyb21heQ==?=, May 18, 2005
  4. Re: Toshiba Satellite P35-S611 & WinXP Home SP2 wireless networkin

    I am now able to be connected (although without any WEP) and now this laptop
    is taking up to 10 minutes to boot up. I am wondering if there is a deeper
    problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmVyb21heQ==?=, May 23, 2005