    Answers appreciated,

    Regards
    Rich

    Rich Strang, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Rich Strang

    Scrote Guest

    Rich Strang wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a Toshiba Satellite L10 and find that I run it off mains power
    >> for 90% of the time. Therefore to conserve the life of the battery I
    >> remove the battery when powered by mains. Unfortunately as the
    >> battery has an integrated cover it leaves a big hole in the bottom
    >> of the laptop with the terminals uncovered. Are you aware of
    >> anywhere I can obtain a battery cover from, kind of like a blanking
    >> plate?
    >>
    >> Answers appreciated,
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Rich

    Presuming a Li-ion battery or more advanced, you are doing the battery
    no favours. Much better to leave it in the LT, float charging
    continuously. This will not adversely effect the battery life, as it is
    not going through a deep discharge cycle. Further, it also means that in
    the other 10% of the time, you have a fully charged and ready to go
    battery.

    --
    HOPE -- Desire and expectation rolled into one.
    Ambrose Bierce1842-1914

    Scrote, Oct 31, 2005