    password in it and now the password i put in that i thought was m1n1bob wont
    work anyone have any idea how to fix this problem toshiba wont help as they
    say the warrenty is now viod becouse its second hand??????????
    MR T, Feb 27, 2004

  2. MR T

    Mimic Guest

    "MR T" <> wrote in message
    news:0NQ%b.380$...
    > hi iv just bought a second hans toshiba s1 it wasnt passworded until i put

    > password in it and now the password i put in that i thought was m1n1bob

    wont
    > work anyone have any idea how to fix this problem toshiba wont help as

    they
    > say the warrenty is now viod becouse its second hand??????????

    They wouldnt help anyway as its a software problem.
    IMO chances are you keyed in the original password
    with caps-lock on.

    --
    Mimic

    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
    "Alzheimer's, cheaper than rohypnol"
    and those that dont."
    Mimic, Feb 28, 2004

  3. MR T

    MR T Guest

    so?????? Mimic
    any thing i can do to learn binery?
    "Mimic" <> wrote in message
    > "MR T" <> wrote in message
    > > hi iv just bought a second hans toshiba s1 it wasnt passworded until i

    put
    > > password in it and now the password i put in that i thought was m1n1bob

    > wont
    > > work anyone have any idea how to fix this problem toshiba wont help as

    > they
    > > say the warrenty is now viod becouse its second hand??????????
    > >

    > They wouldnt help anyway as its a software problem.
    > IMO chances are you keyed in the original password
    > with caps-lock on.
    >
    > --
    > Mimic
    >
    > ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
    > "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own

    nightmares."

    MR T, Feb 28, 2004
  4. MR T

    martin Guest

    "MR T" <> wrote in message
    > so?????? Mimic

    stop top posting!

    If you have the burn disks re-burn the beast.

    If you don't ask news groups very nicely (no top posting) and maybe someone
    will send you a set if you let people know the model

    failing that, offer Tosh 20 quid for a set.

    martin, Feb 28, 2004
  5. MR T

    Mimic Guest

    "MR T" <> wrote in message
    > so?????? Mimic
    > any thing i can do to learn binery?

    Yup
    8bits = 1 byte
    Each left bit is double that of the one to its right. Like so.(0=1bit)

    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

    Bits are either 1 or 0, true/false, on/off etc. you just add up all the
    values of
    the "on" bits. ie

    01100001 = 64+32+1 = 97
    97 is the ascii code for "a"

    so "a" in binary is 01100001

    In a nutshell, thats it, a pretty small nutshell too :p

    Mimic, Mar 1, 2004
  6. MR T

    Alan P Guest

    "Mimic" <> wrote in message
    > "MR T" <> wrote in message
    > > so?????? Mimic
    > > any thing i can do to learn binery?

    > Yup
    > 8bits = 1 byte
    > Each left bit is double that of the one to its right. Like so.(0=1bit)
    >
    > 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    > 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
    >
    > Bits are either 1 or 0, true/false, on/off etc. you just add up all the
    > values of
    > the "on" bits. ie
    >
    > 01100001 = 64+32+1 = 97
    > 97 is the ascii code for "a"
    >
    > so "a" in binary is 01100001
    >

    > In a nutshell, thats it, a pretty small nutshell too :p
    >
    > --
    > Mimic
    >
    > ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
    > "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own

    nightmares."
    > "Alzheimer's, cheaper than rohypnol"
    > "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
    > and those that dont."
    > "He who controls Google, controls the world".

    My lecturer refers to base 10 as 'denary'
    makes me cringe :-| wtf is denary ?
    Alan P, Mar 2, 2004
  7. MR T

    JM Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:58:26 +0000 (UTC), Alan Pno junk please wrote:

    > "Mimic" <> wrote in message
    >> "MR T" <> wrote in message
    >>> so?????? Mimic
    >>> any thing i can do to learn binery?

    >> Yup
    >> 8bits = 1 byte
    >> Each left bit is double that of the one to its right. Like so.(0=1bit)
    >>
    >> 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    >> 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
    >>
    >> Bits are either 1 or 0, true/false, on/off etc. you just add up all the
    >> values of
    >> the "on" bits. ie
    >>
    >> 01100001 = 64+32+1 = 97
    >> 97 is the ascii code for "a"
    >>
    >> so "a" in binary is 01100001
    >>

    >> In a nutshell, thats it, a pretty small nutshell too :p
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mimic
    >>
    >> ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
    >> "Without knowledge you have fear. With fear you create your own

    > nightmares."
    >> "Alzheimer's, cheaper than rohypnol"
    >> "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary,
    >> and those that dont."
    >> "He who controls Google, controls the world".
    >>

    > My lecturer refers to base 10 as 'denary'
    > makes me cringe :-| wtf is denary ?

    Counting by 10's.
    --
    Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
    Joseph Campbell
    JM, Mar 3, 2004