    anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Freddie, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Freddie

    Kráftéé Guest

    Freddie wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    > but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    > seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    > I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Try looking at your clock settings to see if an alarm has been set up.
    Kráftéé, Nov 14, 2007

  3. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    "Kráftéé" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    > Freddie wrote:
    >> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    >> but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    >> seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >> Thanks for any replies.

    > Try looking at your clock settings to see if an alarm has been set up.

    I've looked at clock settings, but can't find anything relating to an alarm.
    Freddie, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Freddie

    Mike R Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:33:18 GMT, "Freddie" <> wrote:

    >"Kráftéé" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    >> Freddie wrote:
    >>> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    >>> but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    >>> seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >>> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> Try looking at your clock settings to see if an alarm has been set up.
    >>

    >I've looked at clock settings, but can't find anything relating to an alarm.

    Does this happen when it's switched off?
    Mike R, Nov 14, 2007
  5. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    "Mike R" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:33:18 GMT, "Freddie" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Kráftéé" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Try looking at your clock settings to see if an alarm has been set up.
    >>>

    >>I've looked at clock settings, but can't find anything relating to an
    >>alarm.

    > Does this happen when it's switched off?

    I don't think so, but there again, it is used for business and as such, it
    is always on at this time.
    Freddie, Nov 14, 2007
  6. Freddie

    meerkat Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote in message

    > "Mike R" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:33:18 GMT, "Freddie" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Kráftéé" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message

    >>>I've looked at clock settings, but can't find anything relating to an
    >>>alarm.

    >> Does this happen when it's switched off?
    >>

    > I don't think so, but there again, it is used for business and as such, it
    > is always on at this time.

    At a few minutes to 12 noon open your Task Manager.
    Watch it closely, and see if you can see what activity
    occurs at the witching hour.
    That might give you a clue (I hope <g>.)
    meerkat, Nov 14, 2007
  7. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Freddie" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mike R" <> wrote in message

    >>> Does this happen when it's switched off?
    >>>

    >> I don't think so, but there again, it is used for business and as such,
    >> it is always on at this time.

    > At a few minutes to 12 noon open your Task Manager.
    > Watch it closely, and see if you can see what activity
    > occurs at the witching hour.
    > That might give you a clue (I hope <g>.)

    Good thinking meerkat, I'll have to set my alarm to remind me :eek:)
    Freddie, Nov 14, 2007
  8. Freddie

    meerkat Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Freddie" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mike R" <> wrote in message

    >>> I don't think so, but there again, it is used for business and as such,
    >>> it is always on at this time.

    >> At a few minutes to 12 noon open your Task Manager.
    >> Watch it closely, and see if you can see what activity
    >> occurs at the witching hour.
    >> That might give you a clue (I hope <g>.)
    >>

    > Good thinking meerkat, I'll have to set my alarm to remind me :eek:)

    I like a man with a sense of humour %> }.
    It seems to be a rare trait nowadays.
    bw..
    meerkat, Nov 14, 2007
  9. Freddie

    Art Guest

    Freddie wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine, but
    > just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few seconds. Does
    > anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    > I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    You might want to check scheduled tasks for anything that time of day.

    Also check control panel / sounds and scroll through the program event
    sounds hitting the preview on any you don't recognize. You may find that
    sound is associated with an AV update or similar that happens every day
    at that time.

    Please post back and let know what it was.

    --
    Art
    Art, Nov 15, 2007
  10. Freddie

    Freddie Guest

    "Art" <> wrote in message
    > Freddie wrote:
    >> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine, but
    >> just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few seconds.
    >> Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >> Thanks for any replies.

    > You might want to check scheduled tasks for anything that time of day.
    >
    > Also check control panel / sounds and scroll through the program event
    > sounds hitting the preview on any you don't recognize. You may find that
    > sound is associated with an AV update or similar that happens every day at
    > that time.
    >
    > Please post back and let know what it was.
    >

    > --
    > Art

    Just tried your suggestions Art, but nothing shows up, this has really got
    me baffled!
    Thanks for trying...
    Freddie, Nov 15, 2007
  11. Freddie

    Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote:

    >> At a few minutes to 12 noon open your Task Manager.
    >> Watch it closely, and see if you can see what activity
    >> occurs at the witching hour.
    >> That might give you a clue (I hope <g>.)

    >Good thinking meerkat, I'll have to set my alarm to remind me :eek:)

    This is the way to go, but I'd suggest using Process Explorer
    www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processexplorer.mspx

    It's a better task manager - whatever happens at 12:00, the processes
    involved will turn red so there's no guessing what just happened.
    --

    Japan’s moon probe updates Earthrise
    http://tinyurl.com/2w68x9
  12. Freddie

    Barney Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote in

    > I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    > but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    > seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    > I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Is there any popup to allow you to shut it off. Most alarms will do
    that. Widgets running?

    --
    "Expect less from life and get more from it"
    Barney, Nov 15, 2007
  13. Freddie

    chuckcar Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote in

    > I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    > but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    > seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    > I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Exactly what software have you on the computer aside from XP (one would
    assume that's your OS, you never actually said)?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 15, 2007
  14. Freddie

    You Dickhead Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    >> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    >> but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    >> seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >> Thanks for any replies.

    Several hours after regulars who know what they are doing have posted
    suggestions that will help the OP solve the issue, chuckcar the dribbler
    posted the following infantile smartass dross....

    > Exactly what software have you on the computer aside from XP (one would
    > assume that's your OS, you never actually said)?

    You kooky nutsack chuckcar, are you really expecting the OP to list
    every application installed on his PC, and if so how would you chucky
    ducky be able to deduct from a list of installed applications what is
    causing the alarm?

    chucky ducky you are a twat.
    You Dickhead, Nov 15, 2007
  15. Freddie

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "Freddie" <> wrote in message

    > "Art" <> wrote in message
    >> Freddie wrote:
    >>> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    >>> but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    >>> seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >>> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> You might want to check scheduled tasks for anything that time of day.
    >>
    >> Also check control panel / sounds and scroll through the program event
    >> sounds hitting the preview on any you don't recognize. You may find that
    >> sound is associated with an AV update or similar that happens every day
    >> at that time.
    >>
    >> Please post back and let know what it was.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Art

    > Just tried your suggestions Art, but nothing shows up, this has really got
    > me baffled!
    > Thanks for trying...

    Try searching for "alarm". If such a utility was installed, that word
    probably is in its name. HTH, s
    sdlomi2, Nov 15, 2007
  16. Freddie

    nobody > Guest

    Barney wrote:
    > "Freddie" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a Toshiba Equium A 100 series notebook, everything works fine,
    >> but just lately, every day at 12.00 noon an alarm sounds for a few
    >> seconds. Does anybody know what this could be and how to turn it off?
    >> I have looked through manual, but can't find any reference to it.
    >> Thanks for any replies.
    >>

    > Is there any popup to allow you to shut it off. Most alarms will do
    > that. Widgets running?

    Is it possibly a BIOS item? I seem to recall seeing an alarm time option
    on one of the motley crew of laptops I herd at work.
    nobody >, Nov 15, 2007
  17. Freddie

    bernd sauer Guest

    bernd sauer, Nov 17, 2007