    superior but more-difficult-to-implement format?
    --
    This signature brought to you by Coca-Cola(tm)
    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 15, 2004

  2. >Are we looking at a years-long, Betamax vs. VHS format war between the
    >standard now approved by the DVD Forum and Sony's own, technically
    >superior but more-difficult-to-implement format?

    probably yes. however, if it's a years-long standards war, then we're probably
    safe with our current dvd's for now.
    Waterperson77, Jun 16, 2004

  3. >Are we looking at a years-long, Betamax vs. VHS format war between the
    >standard now approved by the DVD Forum and Sony's own, technically
    >superior but more-difficult-to-implement format?
    >--
    >This signature brought to you by Coca-Cola(tm)

    which Coca-Cola? The original "classic" formula or the "technically superior
    but more-difficult-to-implement" "new Coca-Cola".

    Well, at least, Coca-Cola thought that the "new Coca-Cola" was "technically
    superior", but then they found out otherwise as most people continued to want
    the old Coca-Cola because they found the old Coca-Cola to be "technically
    superior".
    Waterperson77, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Grand Inquisitor

    Goro Guest

    (Waterperson77) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >Are we looking at a years-long, Betamax vs. VHS format war between the
    > >standard now approved by the DVD Forum and Sony's own, technically
    > >superior but more-difficult-to-implement format?
    > >--
    > >This signature brought to you by Coca-Cola(tm)
    > >

    > which Coca-Cola? The original "classic" formula or the "technically superior
    > but more-difficult-to-implement" "new Coca-Cola".
    >
    > Well, at least, Coca-Cola thought that the "new Coca-Cola" was "technically
    > superior", but then they found out otherwise as most people continued to want
    > the old Coca-Cola because they found the old Coca-Cola to be "technically
    > superior".

    or the new C2, babeeeee!!11!

    or Cherry Coke, or Vanilla Coke, ....

    -goro-
    Goro, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Waterperson77 wrote:

    >>Are we looking at a years-long, Betamax vs. VHS format war between the
    >>standard now approved by the DVD Forum and Sony's own, technically
    >>superior but more-difficult-to-implement format?

    > probably yes. however, if it's a years-long standards war, then we're probably
    > safe with our current dvd's for now.

    Some are speculating that Sony will put their own standard into the PS2,
    which might cause a long delay in its release. I suppose it all depends
    on how successful the first format to be released is, and which format
    the movie studios favor. My guess is they'll go with the DVD Forum's
    choice, as it is the easiest to implement, and they went with the forum
    the first time around.

    --
    This signature has been hijacked by Arab terrorists. They are demanding
    that Flight of the Navigator be put out on DVD.
    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 16, 2004