    unsecured security setting. I was able to at times set the security to WEP,
    WPA, and WPA2 but when the computer was rebooted it was unable to connect to
    the network. Any help would be appreciated.
    Scott, Jun 11, 2009

  2. Scott

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Since every component seems to work somewhere it is hard to pick on one
    specific component.
    The OS takes its Wireless security setting from the Wireless card's drivers,
    when the computer was reconfigured after the crash the Drivers that are
    loaded are probably different than the original ones.
    Find out the Wireless card vendor and try to update the drivers with what
    ever is the latest Vista drivers that are available on the support site of
    the vendor.
    As an alternative the OEM Drivers that are on the Card's chipset
    manufacturer can be tried too.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack-MVP, Jun 11, 2009