    possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
    when it comes to ram?
    regards al

    allan, Jul 8, 2004

  2. allan

    Gordon Guest

    "allan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
    > possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
    > when it comes to ram?
    > regards al

    You CAN install XP with only 64 MB of RAM, but I wouldn't want to try and
    run much on it! Can the laptop be upgraded? What model Tosh is it?

    Gordon, Jul 8, 2004

  3. allan

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:02:14 +0200, allan <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
    >possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
    >when it comes to ram?
    >regards al

    Did this last week. It will go but it's just not worth the bother. ME
    is the highest you can really go and have the thing work on more than
    a basic level.

    Try it and see what I mean. It only takes a little time and is quite
    interesting.

    (Remember to turn off "Indexing")

    EricP, Jul 8, 2004
  4. allan

    allan Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > "allan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi
    >>This guy want me to install win xp on his laptop but I don't think it's
    >>possible as the thing only got 64 mb of ram.What does it take to run xp
    >>when it comes to ram?
    >>regards al

    > You CAN install XP with only 64 MB of RAM, but I wouldn't want to try and
    > run much on it! Can the laptop be upgraded? What model Tosh is it?

    Hi
    it's a toshiba sattelite 2520 cdt.It's sounds like it's not really worth
    it as the whole thing probably melts down if I do.
    Thank you to you and the others for the help.
    regards al

    allan, Jul 8, 2004