    In the meantime, what I want to know is this. How can I disable
    in-keyboard mouse gadget and rely only on an external USB mouse?

    At present both work when I insert USB connected mouse.

    Richard Wright, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Richard Wright

    Sonic Guest

    One of those nipple "mice" I assume. It happens. Easiest way to restore it
    is to go into control panel, open the mouse properties, and click ok. That
    will recentre it for ya.

    Sonic, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Richard Wright

    Ray Guest

    I had this problem too on my dell laptop. For me it was some junk stuck
    under the eraser tip of the mouse pointer. I removed the eraser head and
    took some canned air and blew out the whole keyboard and then gave the erase
    head a through cleaning. That worked for me, so maybe it might work for
    you. As for disabling the eraser head mouse, there should be an option for
    that in the BIOS.

    Hope that helps.

    Ray, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Richard Wright

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:31:30 +1000, Richard Wright
    <> wrote:
    |>I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite 1710CDS. Runs under Windows ME.

    |>In the meantime, what I want to know is this. How can I disable
    |>in-keyboard mouse gadget and rely only on an external USB mouse?

    Fn Key + F9? Satellite laptops I've seen use this to toggle the
    keyboard mouse on and off.

    Pennywise, Aug 2, 2004
  5. Thanks, Ray, for suggestion about BIOS. Found there is indeed an
    option for disabling keyboard mouse while PS2 mouse is connected.
    Selecting that has fixed the problem until I can look at the head. May
    not bother to do that - hate the eraser tip approach!

    Richard Wright, Aug 2, 2004
  6. Richard Wright

    KarenKraft

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Toshiba Fixed This Problem For Me - Us.

    I know most of you posted on this topic years ago, and it's no wonder that it took this long for Toshiba to get the situation under control. As for me, I just had this problem for the first time this evening and Toshiba gave me the answers that corrected it without my even having to pay them their freaking $35 blood money (out-of-warranty-fee):

    From http://support.toshiba.com simply go to their "Ask Iris" feature and request the article on disabling the problem-causing eraser head pointer, which they foolishly refer to as "Accupoint" LOL

    Or

    You can cut through the b.s. and download the following from their downloads section:

    tm3dualpoint.exe and
    sa85tpadx.exe

    These are each zip files so you'll have to unzip them with whatever you usually use to do that. From that point on, they are self-extracting and step you through the problem-solving steps. In short, that means going to your system tray and finding the two new icons and double-clicking the dual pointer one (from tm3dualpoint.exe needless to say), but ONLY AFTER you have downloaded the sa85tpadx.exe drivers. Then it's only a matter of picking the feature which makes the eraser head dealie taggle with the Function key + F9. This will all take less than two minutes once you've downloaded the files.

    Glad I found this out, as I am well out of warranty and can't afford to buy a replacement keyboard, MB, etc., let alone a freaking new laptop. Plus, this one (6100) has been really very good to me for years and I like it. Yeah, it's on its seconed MB, and I had to clone the HD to be three times the size, but we're talking a few dollars here, not a whole lot.

    Good luck.

    Karen Kraft

    KarenKraft, Aug 18, 2007