    release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
    entertainment revamp....

    http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

    TDR911, Jun 8, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    TDR911 <> wrote:

    > While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
    > storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
    > release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
    > entertainment revamp....
    >
    > http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

    Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.

    Is this possibly an export model?

    Lloyd Parsons, Jun 9, 2007

  3. TDR911

    JackShephard Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:36:24 -0500, Lloyd Parsons <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > TDR911 <> wrote:
    >
    >> While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
    >> storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
    >> release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
    >> entertainment revamp....
    >>
    >> http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

    >Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.
    >
    >Is this possibly an export model?

    Look at the website. Look at the prices. It is the Euro (E) model of
    our second gen box. (OverPriced too) I pity those guys on consumer
    electronic gear. Do they also pay a 15% boost on DVD titles?

    JackShephard, Jun 9, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    JackShephard <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:36:24 -0500, Lloyd Parsons <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > TDR911 <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> While there is no clear winner in the home high-definition optical
    > >> storage feud yet, Toshiba has reaffirmed its direction with the
    > >> release of the HD-E1, an affordable HD-DVD player for your next home
    > >> entertainment revamp....
    > >>
    > >> http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com

    > >Hmm.... Strangely, on Toshiba's website there is no mention of this.
    > >
    > >Is this possibly an export model?

    > Look at the website. Look at the prices. It is the Euro (E) model of
    > our second gen box. (OverPriced too) I pity those guys on consumer
    > electronic gear. Do they also pay a 15% boost on DVD titles?

    That ol' VAT'll get you everytime, huh? ;-)

    Lloyd Parsons, Jun 9, 2007