    Pre orders are now indicating the end of April or early May for release.
    This is two months later than originally announced last month.

    Since there is no software, I suspect late May or early June.

    Logos, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Logos

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Logos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Pre orders are now indicating the end of April or early May for
    > release. This is two months later than originally announced last
    > month.
    >
    > Since there is no software, I suspect late May or early June.

    Are you basing this on a retailer other than Amazon?

    www.valueelectronics.com is an authorized Toshiba dealer and has
    indicated that Toshiba will be shipping the units to retailers on March
    26th. It will take a day to clear customs, and they will be ready for
    sale with expected preorder shipments beginning on the 28th (and they
    will come with a free disc of your choice).

    Amazon pushed back *their* availability date for the player due to their
    own haggling with Toshiba over order allocations. This does not
    necessarily mean that the entire launch is postponed, just that Amazon
    will be getting players later than other retailers.

    Joshua Zyber, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Logos

    ivan Guest

    expecting for it :)

    ivan, Feb 24, 2006
  4. In my local(New York) newspaper (Newsday) on 2/23/06 there was a full
    page ad from P.C.Richard"The Hi-Def Television Giant" that announced the
    Toshiba HD DVD player will be demonstrated in their Carle Place
    superstore on 2/24/06. Toshiba reps will do the presentation and
    pre-orders will be taken.

    Ken

    Kenneth J. Harris, Feb 24, 2006