    drive tells me that it's IDE.

    Thanks,

    Kris.

    Kris Clayton, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Kris Clayton

    thing2 Guest

    Kris Clayton wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Toshiba Hard Disk out of a slim-line laptop, HDD model
    > MK4004GAH. The laptop was walked on by the customer and it no longer
    > boots. They have asked if I can get data off this drive, but as this
    > laptop is not your standard 2.5" job I can't just connect the 2.5" to
    > 3.5" adapter and read the data off. In fact, this drive is 1.8" and the
    > connector on it looks very much like a CF-card's connector.
    >
    > Any ideas if anyone makes such an adapter? I tried googling around but
    > the only things I can see that use an adapter like this (apart from CF
    > card) are some variety of SCSI - but all the information I have on this
    > drive tells me that it's IDE.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kris.

    What about some of the external usb card readers? some have those mini
    cf hd connectors (I have one).

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Kris Clayton

    tiddlywink Guest

    "Kris Clayton" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Toshiba Hard Disk out of a slim-line laptop, HDD model MK4004GAH.
    > The laptop was walked on by the customer and it no longer boots. They have
    > asked if I can get data off this drive, but as this laptop is not your
    > standard 2.5" job I can't just connect the 2.5" to 3.5" adapter and read
    > the data off. In fact, this drive is 1.8" and the connector on it looks
    > very much like a CF-card's connector.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kris.

    Thats the same drive that is in my iRiver H340 (multi codec jukebox) - maybe
    put it in to one of those or similar and it will show up as a USB drive.

    tiddlywink, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Kris Clayton

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "tiddlywink" <tbra at hyper dot net dot nz> wrote in

    > "Kris Clayton" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a Toshiba Hard Disk out of a slim-line laptop, HDD model
    >> MK4004GAH. The laptop was walked on by the customer and it no longer
    >> boots. They have asked if I can get data off this drive, but as this
    >> laptop is not your standard 2.5" job I can't just connect the 2.5" to
    >> 3.5" adapter and read the data off. In fact, this drive is 1.8" and
    >> the connector on it looks very much like a CF-card's connector.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Kris.

    > Thats the same drive that is in my iRiver H340 (multi codec jukebox) -
    > maybe put it in to one of those or similar and it will show up as a
    > USB drive.

    And since the customers data is on that toshiba drive, be very careful.
    I would get an adapter from ? who knows.
    I would NOT just hope the Iriver does not just decide to format

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 3, 2005