    Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands of
    DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand works
    out of the box.

    HipOp, Jan 30, 2006

  2. HipOp

    HipOp Guest

    I meant a D-R4

    HipOp, Jan 30, 2006

  3. HipOp

    Guest Guest

    Re: Toshiba D-R4

    "HipOp" <> wrote in message
    > Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize
    > the DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old
    > , and now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
    > Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands
    > of DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand
    > works out of the box.

    The Ilo DVD recorder I bought from Wal-Mart (DVDR05) worked perfectly, right
    out of the box. It finalizes all discs that require finalizing. The
    resulting finalized discs play on every DVD player they've been inserted
    into.

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Jan 31, 2006
  4. HipOp

    HipOp Guest

    Re: Toshiba D-R4

    Thanks

    HipOp, Jan 31, 2006
  5. HipOp

    Guest

    Re: Toshiba D-R4

    wrote:
    > "HipOp" <> wrote in message
    > > Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize
    > > the DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old
    > > , and now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
    > > Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands
    > > of DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand
    > > works out of the box.

    > The Ilo DVD recorder I bought from Wal-Mart (DVDR05) worked perfectly, right
    > out of the box. It finalizes all discs that require finalizing. The
    > resulting finalized discs play on every DVD player they've been inserted
    > into.

    My DVDR05 works great too. Unfortunately, I got the DVDR05MU, and had
    cruddy audio when recording programs with a lot of music. I switched
    it out with a DVDR05MU1, and am totally happy. Supposeldy the MU1 has
    all the bugs squashed, unless someone has discovered more.

    DVD recorders are tempermental. They all don't like certain media. In
    most cases, they need to build up their write calibration data
    databases to "learn" certain media.

    , Jan 31, 2006