    Alpha Guest

    A set top recorder will be released in Japan in mid July 2006 for only
    $3,475.00 US.

    Alpha, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Alpha

    Bill Guest

    Alpha wrote:
    > A set top recorder will be released in Japan in mid July 2006 for only
    > $3,475.00 US.

    Dear God...I hope it performs better than the Toshiba DVD recorder
    that I purchased (and returned) back in February.

    Bill, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Alpha

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:19:53 -0400, Bill <> Gave us:

    >Alpha wrote:
    >> A set top recorder will be released in Japan in mid July 2006 for only
    >> $3,475.00 US.
    >>

    > Dear God...I hope it performs better than the Toshiba DVD recorder
    >that I purchased (and returned) back in February.

    Their first series of DVD recorders failed a lot too.

    The players work fine, however.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Alpha wrote:
    > A set top recorder will be released in Japan in mid July 2006 for only
    > $3,475.00 US.

    Finally, I bought the a Sony HD Camcorder over a year ago and I would
    like to start recording to some type of HD format.

    Of course the big question will be whether I should go with Blu-Ray
    when and if it allows recording considering I own a Sony HD Camcorder.

    David

    TheOneCallGuy, Jun 23, 2006
  5. Alpha

    Alpha Guest

    "TheOneCallGuy" <> wrote in message

    > Alpha wrote:
    >> A set top recorder will be released in Japan in mid July 2006 for only
    >> $3,475.00 US.

    > Finally, I bought the a Sony HD Camcorder over a year ago and I would
    > like to start recording to some type of HD format.
    >
    > Of course the big question will be whether I should go with Blu-Ray
    > when and if it allows recording considering I own a Sony HD Camcorder.
    >
    > David

    You could, of course, buy the Pioneer Blu Ray drive right now for $995 and
    transfer to computer.

    Alpha, Jun 23, 2006
  6. >
    > You could, of course, buy the Pioneer Blu Ray drive right now for $995 and
    > transfer to computer.

    Which model?

    TheOneCallGuy, Jun 24, 2006