Toshiba 36SW9UA Widsreen 86cm (HD) can you tell me if it has Progressive Scan ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tom Cruiser, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Tom Cruiser

    Tom Cruiser Guest

    Toshiba 36SW9UA Widsreen 86cm (HD) can you tell me if it has
    Progressive Scan ?

    Are any of these specs show Progressive scan but just by a different
    name ??

    Toshiba 36SW9UA (HD)

    36SW9UA Digital Hyper - Toshiba's proprietary technology - has the
    ability to convert all input signals into high-resolution signals.
    Horizontal pixels can reach upto 1931 lines while vertical scanning
    can achieve 1152 lines (based on 576i/576p input signal). To
    supplement the High Definition conversion, 36SW9UA also realizes 3 new
    technologies, namely the Digital Hyper Signal Processing System,
    Diagonal Line Improvement System, and New Fine Cinema Mode. The
    built-in card slot (for digital camera SD-Card and Smart Media Card)
    enables you to simply slot in the card and enjoy high quality images
    on a big screen instantly.

    To search for your nearest retailer enter your postcode on the Dealer
    section page.

    * Digital Hyper Signal Processing System
    * 16:9 Flat Widescreen
    * High Definition Compatible* (720p/1080i 50/60Hz)
    * Bridge Media (SD Card and Smart Media Card Slot)
    * Double Window
    * Fine-Pitch CRT
    * 2 DVD Component Video Inputs
    * 3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC)
    * SRS WOW Sound System
    * Super Woofer

    Model 36SW9UA
    Screen Size 86cm
    Aspect Ratio 16:9 Widescreen
    Receiving System PAL/NTSC/SECAM
    Hyper Tuner Yes
    Fastext Yes
    Sound NICAM (BG,I,DK)/German Stereo (BG)
    100Hz Scanning Yes
    Digital Hyper Yes
    Digital Line Improvement System Yes
    New Cinema Mode 3:2/2:2 Pull Down
    High Definition Compatible* 1080i/720p (50/60Hz)
    CRT Fine-Pitch CRT
    Bridge Media (Card Slot) SD / Smart Media
    Digital Window Double Window / Channel Search / Strobe
    3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC) Yes
    Digital Noise Reduction Yes
    Audio Output (10%RMS) 12W x 2 + 16W
    Full Range Speakers 8 x 12cm
    Surround SRS WOW Yes
    Multi-lingual OSD English/Chinese/Malay/Vietnamese/Thai
    Auto Search Memory (ASM) Yes
    On/Off Timer Yes
    Blue Black Control Yes
    No Signal Mute Yes
    Selectable Picture Yes
    Selectable Sound Yes
    DVD Component Video Input 2
    S-Video Input 1
    AV Input 3
    AV Output 1
    Front AV Input S+RCA
    Automatic Voltage Regulator 220-240V
    Power Consumption 215W
    Dimensions (W x H x D)mm 935 x 625 x 604
    Weight (net)kg 75.2

    * When connected to a set-top box

    Note Design and specifications are subject to change without notice

    Are any of these specs show Progressive scan but just by a different
    name ??

    Thanks.

    Tom Cruiser, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Tom Cruiser

    Biz Guest

    Yes it is....576p<-----thats what the p stands for...

    Looks like its capable of 576i/576p/720p/1080i

    Biz, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Tom Cruiser

    Tom Cruiser Guest

    Thanks.

    So when i have a DVD player with progresive scan everything will be
    sweet then ?

    Tom Cruiser, Jan 19, 2005