Torvalds pans Apple with 'utter crap' putdown

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Frank, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Feb 6, 2008

  2. Frank

    Mike Easter Guest

    Frank wrote:
    Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-vista, microsoft.public.windows.
    vista.general, alt.2600, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Whacko crossposting and fups disregarded.
    Read in 24hshd, replied in 24hshd

    > Apple's much-touted new operating system, OS X Leopard, is in some
    > ways worse than Windows Vista, says the founder of the Linux open
    > source project, Linus Torvalds.

    Comparing Vista to Leopard, Torvalds said, "I think Leopard is a much
    better system."

    Linus didn't like the OS X (utter crap) filesystem or the problems with
    programming for the Mac.

    Most of what he was saying was what he liked about Linux's improving
    green credentials to move into portable/mobile devices.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 6, 2008

  3. Frank wrote:
    > Apple's much-touted new operating system, OS X Leopard, is in some
    > ways worse than Windows Vista, says the founder of the Linux open
    > source project, Linus Torvalds.
    >
    > http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/torvalds-pans-apple-with-utte
    > r-crap-putdown/2008/02/05/1202090393959.html

    It is if you have to actually pay for software that's for sure. I don't
    program, so I can't comment on that, but I can say from an end user
    standpoint a new OS or rather an "upgraded" OS shouldn't break the
    software that was made for it's predecessor. To be fair though he said
    this as well "I don't think they're equally flawed - I think Leopard is
    a much better system,"
    Rev Turd Fredericks, Feb 6, 2008