    adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    always know I get good helop here)

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Squirrel wrote:
    > At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    > adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    > always know I get good helop here)

    Make sure that you are uploading successfully to people (There is a
    NAT/Firewall test in one of the menus you can use). The faster you
    upload to people, the better, but limit your upload speed slightly: if
    you max out your upload bandwidth then your downloads will slow.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jan 6, 2006

  3. On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:55:53 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

    > At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    > adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    > always know I get good helop here)

    Different torrents will work at different speeds, because of each torrent
    having differing numbers of people sharing that torrent - all with
    different upload speeds. And your download speed cannot be faster than
    their ability to upload.

    Azaureus generally comes with good default settings. Perhaps if you have
    one torrent going slowly, you may want to also get another torrent going
    at the same time.

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
    will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."
    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Squirrel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    > adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    > always know I get good helop here)
    >

    > I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

    Change the default port setting which is by default 4711, i use something in
    the 6000 range, and since max upload speeds i have is 128KB, i have set it
    that max upload speed is 12, max download speed 0.

    this generally gives me around 30-80KB downloads on smaller seeded torrents
    and anywhere up to 200 on well seeded torrents

    cheers
    KB.

    But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance, i left
    it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my allowance and its
    only the 1st day on my new month :-(
    Krazy Bob, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Squirrel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:

    > But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance, i
    > left it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my
    > allowance and its only the 1st day on my new month :-(

    Bloody show-off. That would take half a week at least on my Orcon "2M"
    connection.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:49:10 +1300, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    >Krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    >> But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance, i
    >> left it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my
    >> allowance and its only the 1st day on my new month :-(

    >Bloody show-off. That would take half a week at least on my Orcon "2M"
    >connection.

    I have used 4 plus and I am damn sured I never downloaded that much!!
    miff

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 7, 2006
  7. Squirrel

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    > > But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance, i
    > > left it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my
    > > allowance and its only the 1st day on my new month :-(

    > Bloody show-off. That would take half a week at least on my Orcon "2M"
    > connection.
    > --

    Your complaints are getting tiresome. Why not move to Ihug?
    Craig Sutton, Jan 7, 2006
  8. Squirrel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>
    >>> But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance,
    >>> i left it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my
    >>> allowance and its only the 1st day on my new month :-(

    >> Bloody show-off. That would take half a week at least on my Orcon
    >> "2M" connection.
    >> --

    > Your complaints are getting tiresome. Why not move to Ihug?

    Because, you pompous ass, I was wooed by Seeby here, in this NG, into
    signing up for Orcon and now I have I'm going to damn well make sure that
    this NG hears exactly how they're performing.

    I think I'll start a daily report, post my Azureus traffic logs from
    overnight. Might as well killfile me now.

    --
    ~misfit~ (Not in the mood to be insulted)
    ~misfit~, Jan 7, 2006
  9. Squirrel

    Mark Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    > adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    > always know I get good helop here)
    >

    > I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

    Set upload to 5 Kbs and downloads to 0 Kbs under options. That gives max
    download speed at the slowest upload speed. If you set a slower upload
    speed download speed is restricted.

    Mark
    Mark, Jan 7, 2006
  10. Squirrel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>
    >> > But note: Azureuz uses alot of bandwidth of your monthly allowance, i
    >> > left it going for 10hrs and it chewed through nearly 2GB of my
    >> > allowance and its only the 1st day on my new month :-(

    >> Bloody show-off. That would take half a week at least on my Orcon "2M"
    >> connection.
    >> --

    > Your complaints are getting tiresome. Why not move to Ihug?

    Maybe your not fimilar with a 12 month contract / chrun fee,
    i'll give you a brief run down, when you are contracted for 12 months it
    means you can not change providers for 12 months.

    churn fee, you have to pay $99 churn fee / disconnection fee and if you
    don't know misfit personally then you would realise he's not as financially
    secure as others and that $99 is out of the question.

    KB
    Krazy Bob, Jan 8, 2006
  11. Squirrel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Mark" <here@there> wrote in message news:...
    > Squirrel wrote:
    >> At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    >> adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    >> always know I get good helop here)
    >>

    >> I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

    > Set upload to 5 Kbs and downloads to 0 Kbs under options. That gives max
    > download speed at the slowest upload speed. If you set a slower upload
    > speed download speed is restricted.
    >
    > Mark

    yes and also your share ratio drops dramtically, the whole idea of P2P is
    sharing and i hate people who downloaded 4 or 5 times as much as uploaded my
    share ratio is 0.64 to date, and last time i had it going for the session it
    was 2.05 to 1, meaning i uploaded twice as much as i downloaded.

    KB
    Krazy Bob, Jan 8, 2006
  12. Squirrel

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in

    > "Mark" <here@there> wrote in message news:...
    >> Squirrel wrote:
    >>> At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i
    >>> be adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom
    >>> (I always know I get good helop here)
    >>>

    >>> I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    >>> ============================================

    >> Set upload to 5 Kbs and downloads to 0 Kbs under options. That gives
    >> max download speed at the slowest upload speed. If you set a slower
    >> upload speed download speed is restricted.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > yes and also your share ratio drops dramtically, the whole idea of P2P
    > is sharing and i hate people who downloaded 4 or 5 times as much as
    > uploaded my share ratio is 0.64 to date, and last time i had it going
    > for the session it was 2.05 to 1, meaning i uploaded twice as much as
    > i downloaded.
    >
    > KB

    When your account has overage charges for traffic, people have a tendancy
    to kill uploads off asap.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 8, 2006
  13. Squirrel

    David Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    >>adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    >>always know I get good helop here)
    >>

    >>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    >>============================================

    > Change the default port setting which is by default 4711, i use something in
    > the 6000 range, and since max upload speeds i have is 128KB, i have set it
    > that max upload speed is 12, max download speed 0.

    IMHO on a 128k upload 12 is far too high, with 9 i get about 100kB/s
    down, by dropping that to 7 it increases to over 150kB/s
    David, Jan 9, 2006
  14. Squirrel

    cowboyz Guest

    "Mr Undeniably Sluttish" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:55:53 +1300, Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    >> adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    >> always know I get good helop here)

    > Different torrents will work at different speeds, because of each torrent
    > having differing numbers of people sharing that torrent - all with
    > different upload speeds. And your download speed cannot be faster than
    > their ability to upload.
    >
    > Azaureus generally comes with good default settings. Perhaps if you have
    > one torrent going slowly, you may want to also get another torrent going
    > at the same time.
    >

    > Undeniably Sluttish
    >
    > --
    > Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
    > will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."

    If you want it to go faster then dont want the file so much. I always find
    files I really want download really slowly, however downloads that I dont
    mind taking a while to download will come down blindingly fast.
    cowboyz, Jan 9, 2006
  15. Squirrel

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    ..
    > >> --

    > > Your complaints are getting tiresome. Why not move to Ihug?
    > >

    > Maybe your not fimilar with a 12 month contract / chrun fee,
    > i'll give you a brief run down, when you are contracted for 12 months it
    > means you can not change providers for 12 months.
    >
    > churn fee, you have to pay $99 churn fee / disconnection fee and if you
    > don't know misfit personally then you would realise he's not as

    financially
    > secure as others and that $99 is out of the question.

    Fair enough then
    Craig Sutton, Jan 9, 2006
  16. Squirrel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>At last I am DL torrents, using Azureuz and was wondering should i be
    >>>adjusting anything to get faster dl speeds, any words of wisdom (I
    >>>always know I get good helop here)
    >>>

    >>>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    >>>============================================

    >> Change the default port setting which is by default 4711, i use something
    >> in the 6000 range, and since max upload speeds i have is 128KB, i have
    >> set it that max upload speed is 12, max download speed 0.
    >>

    > IMHO on a 128k upload 12 is far too high, with 9 i get about 100kB/s down,
    > by dropping that to 7 it increases to over 150kB/s

    i just went by what the website for good speeds said.

    KB
    Krazy Bob, Jan 9, 2006
  17. Squirrel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in

    >>> Set upload to 5 Kbs and downloads to 0 Kbs under options. That gives
    >>> max download speed at the slowest upload speed. If you set a slower
    >>> upload speed download speed is restricted.
    >>>
    >>> Mark

    >> yes and also your share ratio drops dramtically, the whole idea of P2P
    >> is sharing and i hate people who downloaded 4 or 5 times as much as
    >> uploaded my share ratio is 0.64 to date, and last time i had it going
    >> for the session it was 2.05 to 1, meaning i uploaded twice as much as
    >> i downloaded.
    >>
    >> KB
    >>

    > When your account has overage charges for traffic, people have a tendancy
    > to kill uploads off asap.
    >

    > --
    > Ciao, Dave

    True...except i have flat rate, where im sweet if i get changed to 64KB

    KB
    Krazy Bob, Jan 9, 2006