Torrent sites very slow?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hal Clark, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. Hal Clark

    Hal Clark Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:09:55 -0700, Pennywise wrote:

    > "Kenny" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
    >>Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking to
    >>download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
    >>No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
    >>malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
    >>Also tried Firefox, no difference.
    >>Anyone else experiencing similar?
    >>Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
    >>Madasafish?

    > My ISP reduces the speed of torrents, like in half.
    >
    > Test your speed when this happens
    > http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97
    > or
    > http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

    I started to download freesspire with bittorrent. It was going to take
    something like 5 hours, so I stoped it and downdoaded it with http. It
    took something like 30 minutes

    Kenny, Jul 2, 2007

  3. Hal Clark

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
    >Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking to
    >download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
    >No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
    >malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
    >Also tried Firefox, no difference.
    >Anyone else experiencing similar?
    >Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
    >Madasafish?

    My ISP reduces the speed of torrents, like in half.

    Test your speed when this happens
    http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97
    or
    http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

    --

    What happened before the Big Bang?
    http://tinyurl.com/2brkrj

    , Jul 2, 2007
  4. Hal Clark

    Clogwog Guest

    "Kenny" <> schreef in bericht
    >I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
    > Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking
    > download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
    > No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
    > malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
    > Also tried Firefox, no difference.
    > Anyone else experiencing similar?
    > Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
    > Madasafish?

    Demonoid trackers are down!
    http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-organization-tries-to-shut-down-demonoid/

    Clogwog, Jul 2, 2007
  5. Hal Clark

    Tony Tee Guest

    Tony Tee, Jul 3, 2007
  6. Hal Clark

    Rolf Guest

    /

    > Where can I download files, similar to demonoid?
    > Any other places I could sign up to download films with?

    I don't know anything about Demonoid, but have been using µToorent a little
    bit. Learned from my grandson....

    But I wnated to see if Demonoid might have antything to offer to an old
    man - but seems I need an invitation.
    Anyone care to invite me?

    Rolf

    Rolf, Jul 10, 2007