    their name sounds like one of the malware toolbars that attempt to
    takeover your computer.
    , Nov 19, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 19 Nov 2006 07:52:37 -0800, wrote:

    >I know this is a hardware forum, but I think some readers may find this
    >of interest.

    When did
    a) this usenet newsgroup become a forum?
    b) change to hardware?

    Ah well that explains it, googlegroup poster and using a domain they
    most likely don't own.

    Domain name: london.com

    Registrant Contact:
    NJDomains, Abuse Contact: *****@mail.com
    Gerald Gorman ******@**********************@att.net)
    9086960929
    Fax: none
    33 Knightsbridge Rd.
    Piscataway, NJ 08854
    US

    Then of course avioding spam by allowing it to be sent to a vaild domain
    and hit someone else's servers may be considered as 1 solution, as long
    as the owner of said domain has given permission.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Guest

    , Nov 19, 2006
  4. Guest

    , Nov 19, 2006
  5. Mara Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:38:23 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >Domain name: london.com
    >
    >Registrant Contact:
    > NJDomains, Abuse Contact: *****@mail.com
    > Gerald Gorman ******@**********************@att.net)
    > 9086960929
    > Fax: none
    > 33 Knightsbridge Rd.
    > Piscataway, NJ 08854
    > US
    >
    >Then of course avioding spam by allowing it to be sent to a vaild domain
    >and hit someone else's servers may be considered as 1 solution, as long
    >as the owner of said domain has given permission.

    I don't imagine Suresh would be too happy about seeing one of his webmail
    domains used as an abuse address for someone else.

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my
    Mara, Nov 19, 2006
  6. Guest

    ok
    Mara wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:38:23 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >Domain name: london.com
    > >
    > >Registrant Contact:
    > > NJDomains, Abuse Contact: *****@mail.com
    > > Gerald Gorman ******@**********************@att.net)
    > > 9086960929
    > > Fax: none
    > > 33 Knightsbridge Rd.
    > > Piscataway, NJ 08854
    > > US
    > >
    > >Then of course avioding spam by allowing it to be sent to a vaild domain
    > >and hit someone else's servers may be considered as 1 solution, as long
    > >as the owner of said domain has given permission.

    > I don't imagine Suresh would be too happy about seeing one of his webmail
    > domains used as an abuse address for someone else.
    >

    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >Me

    > --
    > A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    > store saying "There's something wrong with it. I keep hitting my
    > thumb." --JB, in the Monastery
    , Nov 19, 2006
  7. Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2006
  8. why? Guest

    Re: Brazil

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 09:38:28 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    >On 19 Nov 2006 08:44:41 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>www.valmirviana.SPAM.com.br

    >Are you fucking stupid, retarded, or both?

    Why stop with such a short list?

    Me
    why?, Nov 19, 2006
  9. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-11-19, <> wrote:
    > I know this is a hardware forum,

    It is neither of those.

    Google Groups is not usenet. Google Groups is a combination of

    1) A searchable archive of most of the articles posted into most
    usenet newsgroups in the last 20 years or so, purchased by Google
    from 'DejaNews' who started it.

    2) A badly designed web forum interface to allow reading and posting
    in those newsgroups.

    3) Google's own proprietary web forums, which are not part of usenet.
    For reasons of their own, Google do not make the distinction
    between their own web forums and the real newsgroups very clear.

    1) is a useful service. 2) and 3) are means of getting people to look at
    and occasionally click on the advertisements that Google display, and
    which earn them their money.

    Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

    <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

    and here

    <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

    > but I think some readers may find this of interest.

    Possibly.

    > A company called Searching Unlimited have taken over some of the main
    > torrent sites, including Bushtorrent, Demonoid, MyBittorrent, Fenopy,
    > Torrentportal and Torrentreactor in order to 'monetize' these search
    > engines.

    snip

    Tough.

    --