    1. Advertising

  2. Richard

    Justin Guest

    Justin, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Richard

    luminos Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    news:2go.com...
    > Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    > Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    Ummm...they don't like abject theft by juvinelles that think all things are
    owed the them. Wow, what a concept.
    luminos, Dec 24, 2004
  4. Richard

    Justin Guest

    luminos wrote on [Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:40:11 -0800]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >>> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >> Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    > Ummm...they don't like abject theft by juvinelles that think all things are
    > owed the them. Wow, what a concept.

    Then use domestic laws to go after them.
    Justin, Dec 24, 2004
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:40:11 -0800, "luminos" <> wrote:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >>> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >> Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    >Ummm...they don't like abject theft by juvinelles that think all things are
    >owed the them. Wow, what a concept.

    But in some cases, they are going after people on behalf of cable and
    satellite companies. If you download a program in HDTV that has
    already shown on TV, what is that?
    Richard, Dec 24, 2004
  6. Richard

    GMAN Guest

    In article <2go.com>, Justin <> wrote:
    >Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    Its not US law, there are international treaties that most civilized countries
    follow.
    GMAN, Dec 24, 2004
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:28:08 GMT,
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >In article <2go.com>, Justin <> wrote:
    >>Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >>> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >>Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    >Its not US law, there are international treaties that most civilized countries
    >follow.

    Of course, none of it has any effect on the millions of
    counterfeit DVDs made in the Orient and Russia.
    -Rich
    Richard, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Richard

    Justin Guest

    GMAN wrote on [Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:28:08 GMT]:
    > In article <2go.com>, Justin <> wrote:
    >>Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >>> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >>Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    > Its not US law, there are international treaties that most civilized countries
    > follow.

    Yes. ANd these international treaties aren't being used. Last I looked
    the MPAA was an American organisation, and should have to cooperate with
    the foreign equivalent to get things done overseas. This isn't being
    done.
    Justin, Dec 24, 2004
  9. Richard

    Greg R Guest

    Greg R, Dec 25, 2004
  10. Richard

    Ed Kim Guest

    Ed Kim, Dec 25, 2004
  11. Richard

    Biz Guest

    "Ed Kim" <> wrote in message

    > Richard wrote:
    > > http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    > when the MPAA goes after usenet, THEN i'll be mad...
    >
    > -goro-

    If people are illegally distributing things the MPAA has control over, why
    shouldnt they go after that pipeline as well?

    You act like its your right to steal stuff.
    Biz, Dec 25, 2004
  12. Richard

    Greg R Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 03:28:34 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >"Ed Kim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Richard wrote:
    >> > http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >> when the MPAA goes after usenet, THEN i'll be mad...
    >>
    >> -goro-
    >>

    >If people are illegally distributing things the MPAA has control over, why
    >shouldnt they go after that pipeline as well?
    >
    >You act like its your right to steal stuff.

    They should not stop it from closing. They should just stop the
    illegal stuff duh. You can search google and other search engines
    for cracks and can find alot of illegal websites. I don't see
    Microsoft suing google, altavista, yahoo, lycos, e.t.c.

    Greg R
    Greg R, Dec 25, 2004
  13. Richard

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:43:52 -0500, Greg R <>
    wrote:

    >I am confused. I though torrent sites could not be shutdown. Because
    >most were legit sites. (However, I can't even find good search
    >site.)

    Some of them were hosting files for BT to find seeds. It may not be
    the actual copyrighted files they are hosting, technicially they are
    aiding and abetting potional thieves who uses BT to share copyrighted
    materials.

    It is almost impossible to shut down BT because they do not use
    centralized network but rather direct PC to PC shairing.
    Impmon, Dec 25, 2004
  14. Richard

    Joe McC Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard wrote on [Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:32:15 -0500]:
    >>> http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000157024370

    >> Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    > Ummm...they don't like abject theft by juvinelles that think all things
    > are owed the them. Wow, what a concept.

    Speaking of things people don't like; do you really need to use the phrase
    "ummm"? It's irritiating as hell & gives the impression you're a prissy
    schoolmarm, or just plain camp.

    "Wow" isn't much better either.....dude.
    Joe McC, Dec 29, 2004
  15. Richard

    RichA Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:24:12 -0000, "Joe McC"
    <> wrote:

    >"luminos" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Yeah. It's pretty sad that foreign companys are bowing to US law.

    >> Ummm...they don't like abject theft by juvinelles that think all things
    >> are owed the them. Wow, what a concept.
    >>

    >Speaking of things people don't like; do you really need to use the phrase
    >"ummm"? It's irritiating as hell & gives the impression you're a prissy
    >schoolmarm, or just plain camp.
    >
    >"Wow" isn't much better either.....dude.

    Neither is an adult using the terms, "dude" and "cool"
    but they are vastly over-used anyway.
    -Rich

    RichA, Dec 30, 2004