    Hope that you can help me!

    Cheers
    Marc

    Marc, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Marc

    Stuart Guest

    "Marc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
    > I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
    > how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
    > then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
    > says .torrent file.
    >
    > I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
    > clip.
    > But the clip should be .avi.
    >
    > Hope that you can help me!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Marc

    Just change the suffix to .avi
    ie rename it

    Stuart, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    On 23 Feb., 00:09, "Stuart" <stuart€@whodunnit8.com> wrote:
    > "Marc" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
    > > I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
    > > how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
    > > then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
    > > says .torrent file.

    > > I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
    > > clip.
    > > But the clip should be .avi.

    > > Hope that you can help me!

    > > Cheers
    > > Marc

    > Just change the suffix to .avi
    > ie rename it- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
    >
    > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

    I have tried, with the rename function but the file is still a torrent
    file if i look at its properties.
    I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
    downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.
    Hope you can help me?

    Cheers

    Marc, Feb 24, 2007
  4. Marc

    Stuart Guest

    "Marc" <> wrote in message
    On 23 Feb., 00:09, "Stuart" <stuart?@whodunnit8.com> wrote:
    > "Marc" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
    > > I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
    > > how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
    > > then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
    > > says .torrent file.

    > > I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
    > > clip.
    > > But the clip should be .avi.

    > > Hope that you can help me!

    > > Cheers
    > > Marc

    > Just change the suffix to .avi
    > ie rename it- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
    >
    > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

    I have tried, with the rename function but the file is still a torrent
    file if i look at its properties.
    I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
    downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.
    Hope you can help me?

    Cheers

    ""I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
    downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.""

    That is excatly the problem! When the file is significantly downloaded you
    can play it with programs like VLC etc. But you really have to download the
    entire file and let uTorrents or whatever torrents program you are using to
    finish off the process - it will then rename the file to avi and it will be
    correct. Try to download the entire file and don't be impatient to play it
    until the whole process is complete and final!!!
    Good luck!

    Stuart, Feb 25, 2007