    Steve

    Due to the volume of garbage I filter out googlegroups. So do many others.
    Gmail posters are currently scored down pending troll filter work.

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008

  2. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 13, 2008

  3. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Cawshus wrote on [13 Aug 2008 09:03:52 +1000]:
    >> Does anyone know of a good free torrent download that integrates with
    >> FF3? Alternatively, a free add on to integrate uTorrent?

    > What are you trying to accomplish? I download a torrent and uTorrent
    > launches.

    Exactly that. It's not doing it for me.

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  4. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo <>
    wrote in news:g7t54b$49p$:

    Clicking Install does didly-squat. I have FF version 3.01,

    From the website:

    Works with:

    * Firefox: 1.5 – 3.0a3

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  5. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Cawshus wrote on [13 Aug 2008 09:53:13 +1000]:
    >> Justin <> wrote in

    >>> What are you trying to accomplish? I download a torrent and uTorrent
    >>> launches.
    >>>

    >> Exactly that. It's not doing it for me.

    > What does it do then?
    >
    > When you download a torrent for the first time it should ask you what
    > you want it to do, tell Firefox to open it with uTorrent and it forever
    > will.

    It quietly sits doing nothing.

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  6. Cawshus wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo <>
    > wrote in news:g7t54b$49p$:
    >
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4844

    > Clicking Install does didly-squat. I have FF version 3.01,
    >
    > From the website:
    >

    > Works with:
    >
    > * Firefox: 1.5 – 3.0a3

    then look around here for something else:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=torrent&cat=all

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 13, 2008
  7. Cawshus

    wrote in news:g7t8dc$5vk$:

    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=torrent&cat=all

    Nothing available that will install. Guess its time to sit back and wait a
    few weeks.

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  8. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Cawshus wrote on [13 Aug 2008 09:59:10 +1000]:
    >> Justin <> wrote in

    >>> What does it do then?
    >>>
    >>> When you download a torrent for the first time it should ask you
    >>> what you want it to do, tell Firefox to open it with uTorrent and it
    >>> forever will.
    >>>

    >> It quietly sits doing nothing.

    > Doesn't even download the file?

    Absolutely nothing!

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  9. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    >> Absolutely nothing!

    > Do you have a URL that's not working for you?

    All of them! I've never managed a torrent download.

    Cawshus, Aug 13, 2008
  10. Cawshus

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <Xns9AFA5222D177AYaWontFindItHere@203.26.24.228>,
    YaWontFindIt@Here says...
    > Justin <> wrote in

    > >> Absolutely nothing!

    > > Do you have a URL that's not working for you?
    > >

    > All of them! I've never managed a torrent download.

    Is your router configured correctly? You typically have to open certain
    ports for uTorrent to work. Details can be found here:

    http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Aug 14, 2008
  11. Cawshus

    Cawshus Guest

    Dave Garrett <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns9AFA5222D177AYaWontFindItHere@203.26.24.228>,
    > YaWontFindIt@Here says...
    >> Justin <> wrote in

    >> > Do you have a URL that's not working for you?
    >> >

    >> All of them! I've never managed a torrent download.

    > Is your router configured correctly? You typically have to open

    certain
    > ports for uTorrent to work. Details can be found here:
    >
    > http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php
    >
    > Dave

    At present (i.e. more recent than writing about the problem), I am
    testing Zone Alarm's new Force Field, which has taken over from FF
    downloading. While I think Force Field will find its way to the
    scrapheap as yet another program that promises much but delivers no real
    value, I plan to not fiddle with uTorrent until a decision is made one
    way or the other. Thank you for the reference. In about a week, fixing
    torrent downloads will be back on the agenda.

    Cawshus, Aug 14, 2008