    selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.

    Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?

    Squirrel

    Squirrel, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Squirrel

    thing2 Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to
    > download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a
    > selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.
    >
    > Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >
    > Squirrel

    Ok so if its not all porn its pirated movies or stolen commercial stuff
    you are meant to pay for.

    regards

    thing

    thing2, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Squirrel

    PAM. Guest

    > Squirrel wrote:
    > > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to
    > > download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a
    > > selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.
    > >
    > > Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    > >
    > > Squirrel

    torrentspy.com. If you have bittorrent, click a download link and it starts
    to download whatever yor requested...at least it does for me.
    However, sometimes it looks downloaded but there's a packet of 010101010
    missing right in the middle and it doesn't seem to want to download
    that....as if the application is either broken or everyone else who has the
    application I'm downloading, also has the 1010101010 missing....which is a
    bummer.

    PAM.

    PAM., Jul 25, 2005
  4. Squirrel

    Mark C Guest

    Squirrel <> wrote in

    > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to
    > download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a
    > selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.

    Not step by step, but still good:

    http://slyck.com/bt.php

    Mark C, Jul 25, 2005
  5. Squirrel

    Mark C Guest

    Squirrel <> wrote in

    > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to
    > download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a
    > selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.

    This might be a bit step-by-step:

    http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/faq.php?faq=bt_faq

    Mark C, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Squirrel

    Daniel Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > Squirrel wrote:
    >

    >> Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >>
    >> Squirrel
    >>

    > Ok so if its not all porn its pirated movies or stolen commercial stuff
    > you are meant to pay for.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > thing

    I don't use bit torrents, but, thinking of it. But, only, because my
    legitimate (i.e. paid) version of Zuma Deluxe has one 1 or 2 online
    activations left (I've had to re-install for various reasons, upgrades
    to PC, or replacement PC).

    I know that Zuma Deluxe from the MSN download zone uses a registration
    key (i.e. no activation required). I figured getting Zuma from the guys
    who "wrote" it would mean the money would go to the more deserved folks.
    But, with, this activation annoyance, I'm not so sure.

    Daniel, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Squirrel

    Mark C Guest

    "PAM." <> wrote in

    >> Squirrel wrote:
    >> > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on
    >> > how to download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit
    >> > Torrent, and a selection of torrent viewers, just need to
    >> > piece it all together.
    >> >
    >> > Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >> >
    >> > Squirrel

    > torrentspy.com. If you have bittorrent, click a download link
    > and it starts to download whatever yor requested...at least it
    > does for me. However, sometimes it looks downloaded but there's
    > a packet of 010101010 missing right in the middle and it doesn't
    > seem to want to download that....as if the application is either
    > broken or everyone else who has the application I'm downloading,
    > also has the 1010101010 missing....which is a bummer.

    Thats the "99%" problem, which may be down to a crappy router:

    http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/NinetyNine
    http://www.vladd44.com/torrent/hangs.php

    Mark C, Jul 25, 2005
  8. Squirrel

    PAM. Guest

    PAM., Jul 26, 2005
  9. Squirrel

    thing2 Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > thing2 wrote:
    >
    >> Squirrel wrote:
    >>

    >>> Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >>>
    >>> Squirrel
    >>>

    >> Ok so if its not all porn its pirated movies or stolen commercial
    >> stuff you are meant to pay for.
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> thing
    >>

    > I don't use bit torrents, but, thinking of it. But, only, because my
    > legitimate (i.e. paid) version of Zuma Deluxe has one 1 or 2 online
    > activations left (I've had to re-install for various reasons, upgrades
    > to PC, or replacement PC).
    >
    > I know that Zuma Deluxe from the MSN download zone uses a registration
    > key (i.e. no activation required). I figured getting Zuma from the guys
    > who "wrote" it would mean the money would go to the more deserved folks.
    > But, with, this activation annoyance, I'm not so sure.

    A valid point, re Zuma.

    I think all these activation keys and general pain of registering are
    turning people off.

    It amuses me no end to see people using Windows and commercial apps
    claiming they are the best, yet dont pay for them.....

    So MS need not worry if Linux is the same cost or lower TCO, just
    continue to allow pirated software!

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Jul 26, 2005
  10. Squirrel

    Daniel Guest

    thing2 wrote:

    <snip>

    > A valid point, re Zuma.
    >
    > I think all these activation keys and general pain of registering are
    > turning people off.

    <snip>

    Yep.

    So, the next time I got a PopCap game I brought it off MSN and got a
    registration key instead, plus it was the same price.

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Squirrel

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:49:01 +1200, thing2 wrote:

    > Ok so if its not all porn its pirated movies or stolen commercial stuff
    > you are meant to pay for.

    There are large files which maybe copied for the download cost only. Linux
    CD iso being one.

    Gordon, Jul 26, 2005
  12. Squirrel

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:52:17 +1200, Squirrel wrote:

    > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to download
    > and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a selection of
    > torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.
    >
    > Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >
    > Squirrel

    Get yourself a programme called Azureus. It is a bit torrent client. It is
    very easy to use and can display all sorts of information concerning the
    state of the download, etc.

    I use Azureus, and throughly recommend it. I believe that there is even a
    version for Micro$oft systems.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Fink: "The Linux market is growing 30% to 35% a year."

    Bling-Bling, Jul 26, 2005
  13. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:54:10 +1200, "PAM." <>
    wrote:

    >> Squirrel wrote:
    >> > Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to
    >> > download and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a
    >> > selection of torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.
    >> >
    >> > Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >> >
    >> > Squirrel

    >torrentspy.com. If you have bittorrent, click a download link and it starts
    >to download whatever yor requested...at least it does for me.
    >However, sometimes it looks downloaded but there's a packet of 010101010
    >missing right in the middle and it doesn't seem to want to download
    >that....as if the application is either broken or everyone else who has the
    >application I'm downloading, also has the 1010101010 missing....which is a
    >bummer.
    >
    >PAM.

    Thanx to everyone for the help, now just need to find spare time to
    play around with it all, anyone know a site where free time is
    shareware???

    Squirrel

    Squirrel, Jul 26, 2005
  14. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:52:17 +1200, Squirrel wrote:
    >

    >>Can anyone reccomend a site with step by step guidlines on how to download
    >>and work iwith torrent files. Have Bit Torrent, and a selection of
    >>torrent viewers, just need to piece it all together.
    >>
    >>Possibly know of torrent sites that are not all porn?
    >>
    >>Squirrel

    > Get yourself a programme called Azureus. It is a bit torrent client. It is
    > very easy to use and can display all sorts of information concerning the
    > state of the download, etc.
    >
    > I use Azureus, and throughly recommend it. I believe that there is even a
    > version for Micro$oft systems.
    >

    > Bling Bling

    The same one
    Its Java, write once, run anywhere.

    shannon, Jul 26, 2005
  15. shannon wrote:
    > Its Java, write once, run anywhere.

    lol

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 27, 2005
  16. Squirrel

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:37:40 +1200, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > shannon wrote:
    >> Its Java, write once, run anywhere.

    > lol

    .... with separate tarballs available from source-forge for clients on the
    different architectures.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Fink: "The Linux market is growing 30% to 35% a year."

    Bling-Bling, Jul 29, 2005