    and not enough lesser movies. Blockbuster and Rogers BOTH seem to refuse to
    stock most comedies in any format but P&S. Scum. Or should I say, catering
    to the scum?
    Richard, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Richard

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Richard, says...
    > Most noticeable? Rogers has pathetic selection, about 2/3rds of Blockbusters
    > and not enough lesser movies. Blockbuster and Rogers BOTH seem to refuse to
    > stock most comedies in any format but P&S.

    Are you really saying there are only 2 video stores in all of Toronto
    that you can rent from?
    Mark Spatny, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Richard

    Rhino Guest

    "Mark Spatny" <> wrote in message
    > Richard, says...
    > > Most noticeable? Rogers has pathetic selection, about 2/3rds of

    Blockbusters
    > > and not enough lesser movies. Blockbuster and Rogers BOTH seem to

    refuse to
    > > stock most comedies in any format but P&S.

    > Are you really saying there are only 2 video stores in all of Toronto
    > that you can rent from?

    There are hundreds of video rental places in Toronto. Blockbuster and Rogers
    are just the two biggest chains that rent videos.

    I don't live in Toronto any more but I would suggest that the original
    poster try some of the smaller stores. We have a wonderful store here in
    London (Ontario) called Cinema City which is run by a real cinephile with a
    very large selection of films, including many foreign films. I'm sure there
    must be similar places in Toronto.

    Rhino
    Rhino, Jun 4, 2004
  4. "Rhino" <> wrote:

    >"Mark Spatny" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard, says...
    >> > Most noticeable? Rogers has pathetic selection, about 2/3rds of

    >Blockbusters
    >> > and not enough lesser movies. Blockbuster and Rogers BOTH seem to

    >refuse to
    >> > stock most comedies in any format but P&S.

    >> Are you really saying there are only 2 video stores in all of Toronto
    >> that you can rent from?

    >There are hundreds of video rental places in Toronto. Blockbuster and Rogers
    >are just the two biggest chains that rent videos.
    >
    >I don't live in Toronto any more but I would suggest that the original
    >poster try some of the smaller stores. We have a wonderful store here in
    >London (Ontario) called Cinema City which is run by a real cinephile with a
    >very large selection of films, including many foreign films. I'm sure there
    >must be similar places in Toronto.
    >
    >Rhino

    I live in London too and I think the Jumbo Video store at Adelaide and
    Huron has a good selection, even foreign films, and now that they've
    initiated a new pricing system, namely lower prices to deter people
    from getting their dvd's at Amazon.com for half their price, it's all
    the better. In fact, I dropped off my wish list from Amazon.com the
    other day, just to see how their new prices were, and nearly every dvd
    on the list came in cheaper at Jumbo. (the price I supplied with the
    wish list was in CND$ including the shipping and exchange, and their
    price included all taxes).

    Surely there must be Jumbo Video stores in Toronto.

    PL

    Paul Lefebvre
    plefebvre@*removethis*wwdc.com
    Visit my website!
    http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99
    Paul Lefebvre, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Richard

    madkevin Guest

    > Richard, says...
    > > Most noticeable? Rogers has pathetic selection, about 2/3rds of

    Blockbusters
    > > and not enough lesser movies. Blockbuster and Rogers BOTH seem to refuse to
    > > stock most comedies in any format but P&S.

    > Are you really saying there are only 2 video stores in all of Toronto
    > that you can rent from?

    I take it you haven't met Rich yet, then. Even though he lives in the biggest
    metropolitan centre in Canada, he literally has no idea that other video stores
    exist. This is because - now, follow the logic closely - he's very, very stupid.

    Glad I could help.

    Kevin "Suspect" Cogliano
    madkevin, Jun 5, 2004
  6. Richard

    Don Orr Guest

    Queen Video - 3 locations
    Don Orr, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Richard

    sammoyen

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Store & Office Space For Rent,toronto,416-730-1369

    Any Size Or Business, Ample Free Parking, 24/7 Access. 799-819 Brimley Rd. @ Lawrence Av. East. 416-730-1369
    sammoyen, Jul 26, 2007