Tor v0.1.2.12 Released

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by nemo_outis, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. nemo_outis

    nemo_outis Guest

    nemo_outis, Mar 20, 2007

  2. nemo_outis

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Mar 20, 2007

  3. nemo_outis

    nemo_outis Guest

    Ed <> wrote in
    news:Xns98F99ABB8B8772362352@127.0.0.1:

    > "nemo_outis" <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://tor.eff.org/
    >>

    > Is that a release candidate or a full release?

    All versions of tor to date have been beta. This latest one is designated
    rc (release candidate) which indicates an advanced beta which, if no major
    bugs are discovered, may be releasesd (or form the basis of a release) of a
    final version.

    However, you didn't need to ask me any of this, you had only to follow the
    cited link and investigate for yourself.

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Mar 21, 2007
  4. nemo_outis

    Guest

    In article <Xns98FA52AC76872abcxyzcom@127.0.0.1>, says...
    > http://tor.eff.org/

    What a fantastic way to isolate people with something to secure so you
    can watch them.
    , Mar 22, 2007
  5. nemo_outis

    nemo_outis Guest

    wrote in news:MPG.206c978aba1ecb0a989985@news-
    text.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > In article <Xns98FA52AC76872abcxyzcom@127.0.0.1>, says...
    >> http://tor.eff.org/
    >>

    > What a fantastic way to isolate people with something to secure so you
    > can watch them.

    Let me get this straight: You advise against anyone supposedly exposing
    himself to a partitioning attack by being one of many thousands using a
    secure system like Tor and recommend that instead they use insecure
    methods?

    Bollocks! The only partitioniong attack one exposes oneself to by using
    Tor is being differentiated from morons who can easily be monitored in
    bulk!

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Mar 22, 2007