    (UK Based )on a to up type credit card , the type that you can use similer
    to topping up a mobile telephone I have not seen any personally but have
    heard . so can anyone in the group please assist . TIA
    PWB, Aug 15, 2006

  2. PWB

    Lost Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote:

    >This may be the wrong newsgro9up , in whichcase I apologise , but if it is
    >can someone please direct me to the right one? I am looking for information
    >(UK Based )on a to up type credit card , the type that you can use similer
    >to topping up a mobile telephone I have not seen any personally but have
    >heard . so can anyone in the group please assist . TIA

    They're called prepaid credit cards.

    Have a look here for some British ones:
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/cards/prepaid-cards-guide1.asp

    --
    This is soc.men, we know better. -- Michael Snyder
    Lost, Aug 15, 2006

  3. PWB

    Gary Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > This may be the wrong newsgro9up , in whichcase I apologise , but if it is
    > can someone please direct me to the right one? I am looking for information
    > (UK Based )on a to up type credit card , the type that you can use similer
    > to topping up a mobile telephone I have not seen any personally but have
    > heard . so can anyone in the group please assist . TIA

    Here in USA we use debit cards which are linked to a checking account.
    Similar to writing a check but purely electronic. No credit involved. In
    Mexico we have prepaid gasoline cards as well specific to Pemex to
    purchase fuel or phone cards for Telmex for telephone use. Again, no
    credit involved. Credit cards are used in both countries, but then, they
    are CREDIT cards, not debit cards or prepaid cards of some sort.
    Gary, Aug 16, 2006