    it said i should keep it top secret...
    so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???

    puzzled

    philo, May 8, 2005

  2. philo

    John Holmes Guest

    "philo" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > here is part of an email i got:
    >
    > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for
    > your efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    >
    > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
    > transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that
    > this transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our
    > watchword throughout.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Issa Tiligado"
    >
    > it said i should keep it top secret...
    > so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
    >
    > puzzled

    Nigerian scam. I used to reply to the fuckers, letting them think they
    had found a victim. Sucking up their valuable time. Anyway, after a few
    months I decided it wasn't funny anymore and I delete those messages now
    without reading them.
    But, for some fun reading when you are bored at work look here:
    http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

    HTH and HAND

    John Holmes, May 8, 2005

  3. philo

    John Holmes Guest

    "philo" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > here is part of an email i got:
    >
    > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for
    > your efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    >
    > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
    > transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that
    > this transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our
    > watchword throughout.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Issa Tiligado"
    >
    > it said i should keep it top secret...
    > so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
    >
    > puzzled

    Nigerian scam. I used to reply to the fuckers, letting them think they
    had found a victim. Sucking up their valuable time. Anyway, after a few
    months I decided it wasn't funny anymore and I delete those messages now
    without reading them.
    But, for some fun reading when you are bored at work look here:
    http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

    HTH and HAND

    --
    Your mother was an obnoxious road sweeper who never played hard to get in
    prison.

    John Holmes, May 8, 2005
  4. philo

    Buffalo Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > here is part of an email i got:
    >
    > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
    > efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    >
    > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
    > transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
    > transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
    > throughout.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Issa Tiligado"
    >
    > it said i should keep it top secret...
    > so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
    >
    > puzzled

    Dear philo,
    Not only are you puzzled, but you just missed out on an easy $3.3 million by not
    keeping the secret.
    If only I had that chance. Damn, I would keep the secret.
    Baby needs a new pair of shoes---------.

    Buffalo, May 8, 2005
  5. philo

    Franklin Guest

    May I have a link for the page. I need some money

    Franklin, May 8, 2005
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > > here is part of an email i got:
    > >
    > > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
    > > efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    > >
    > > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the

    <snip>

    > Dear philo,
    > Not only are you puzzled, but you just missed out on an easy $3.3 million

    by not
    > keeping the secret.
    > If only I had that chance. Damn, I would keep the secret.
    > Baby needs a new pair of shoes---------.

    aah, those things are just scams...
    most of the time you only get a million or so...not the 3 -15 million they
    promise :)

    philo, May 8, 2005
  7. philo

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:45:15 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >here is part of an email i got:
    >
    >"We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
    >efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    >
    >Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
    >transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
    >transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
    >throughout.
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >
    >Issa Tiligado"
    >
    >it said i should keep it top secret...
    >so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
    >
    >puzzled

    Probably the most entertaining "string-along-the-419-scammer"
    http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html

    Nice parody making fun of all the Nigerian scam emails
    http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm

    Unk, May 9, 2005
  8. philo

    Keme Guest

    philo wrote:
    > here is part of an email i got:
    >
    > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
    > efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
    >
    > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
    > transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
    > transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
    > throughout.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Issa Tiligado"
    >
    > it said i should keep it top secret...
    > so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
    >
    > puzzled

    I once did a full printout of one of those messages. The message body
    was about half a page, and the headers slightly less.
    The rest of the 14 (!) pages were the mail addresses the message was
    sent to.

    Sort of defeats the "top secret" (or similar) warning, I guess (-8

    Keme, May 9, 2005