    It's really great to find a group that top post most of the time.
    Perhaps it's all to do with 64 bit and the future, keep it up guys.
    Joe
    Joe, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Joe

    Peter Lawton Guest

    No, it's to do with Outlook Express being a really bad news reader.

    I expct on ths grope yo'll also find the reel standrad of speling anongst
    the I.T poplation, as 64bit OE dosn't evn do speling checquing ;-)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Mar 29, 2006

  3. I prefer top posting, I am not interested in scrolling through a lost list
    of past post I already read to see whats new. As for 64-Bit OE not spell
    checking, you need a 64-Bit version of Office for that to be possible, the
    32-Bit OE utilizes the Office spell checked, there is none built into
    Windows.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 29, 2006
  4. Joe

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Initially I didn't like bottom posting, but in the fitness ng I in which I
    hang, everybody bottom posts. And interposting is much easier. Answering
    multiple questions for example. I now prefer it to top posting.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Mar 29, 2006
  5. Top posting, bottom posting. It's all the same to me. Everyone has a
    preference, and we're fine with whatever you choose here.

    While it's true that OE defaults to top posting, you _can_ control such
    things.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 29, 2006
  6. Joe

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Really? How?

    :p

    Larry Hodges, Mar 29, 2006
  7. OE Quote Fix -- http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 29, 2006
  8. Joe

    Larry Hodges Guest

    lol. I've used it for 2+ years. I was just givin' you crap.

    Larry Hodges, Mar 29, 2006
  9. One of those handy little tools one hardly ever thinks about. It JFW.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 29, 2006
  10. Joe

    philo Guest

    I'm not sure if I should top post

    > It's really great to find a group that top post most of the time.

    middle post

    > Perhaps it's all to do with 64 bit and the future, keep it up guys.
    > Joe

    or bottom post
    philo, Mar 30, 2006
  11. "philo" <> wrote in

    > I'm not sure if I should top post

    Yes,

    > "Joe" <JoSoap@godknowswhere> wrote in message
    >> It's really great to find a group that top post most of the time.

    > middle post

    you....

    >> Perhaps it's all to do with 64 bit and the future, keep it up guys.
    >> Joe

    > or bottom post

    should!
    David R. Norton MVP, Mar 30, 2006
  12. Tony Sperling wrote:
    > [snicker]
    > Well, I agree with Andre, and Charlie - I prefer top, but it really
    > doesn't matter. What would be nice, is if people would delete everything
    > except the text that they are directly answering - and this is of course
    > something I consistently break myself.

    We've noticed. ;)

    > If the text you are commenting on is filled with more or less unrelated
    > questions, it would make sense to go middle. But if we were all really
    > good behaved and well reared posters we would definitely crop from the
    > bottom.

    I'm not holding my breath.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2006
  13. [snicker]
    Well, I agree with Andre, and Charlie - I prefer top, but it really doesn't
    matter. What would be nice, is if people would delete everything except the
    text that they are directly answering - and this is of course something I
    consistently break myself.

    If you want to contribute, I will want to be dropped into what you have to
    say, not a repetition of what I've already read.

    If the text you are commenting on is filled with more or less unrelated
    questions, it would make sense to go middle. But if we were all really good
    behaved and well reared posters we would definitely crop from the bottom.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 30, 2006
  14. Weirder things have been seen - but that is likely to be the wise approach.

    (at least while I'm around)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 30, 2006
  15. Joe

    DP Guest

    I prefer top-posting as well.
    But if I get into a really anal newsgroup where people actually complain
    when you top-post (like a Linux group, for example), I try to do as the
    Romans do.

    What I really wish was that we could use HTML in NGs. That way you can make
    your responses a different color, which helps clears things up. But I
    realize there are probably hundreds of different ways people read these
    messages and some don't use HTML.
    So you run the risk of your message being incomprehensible to those.

    DP, Mar 30, 2006
  16. Joe

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Great, my spelling will be perfect again in November :)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Mar 30, 2006
  17. Barf. NO HTML! None, nada, zip, zero.

    In the first place, even if we had it here, I'd never see it, since I force
    ALL newsgroup and email to plain text. And secondly, why should we provide
    the malware types any additional vectors.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 30, 2006
  18. [snip]
    ..
    ..
    ..
    <And secondly, why should we provide the malware types any additional
    vectors.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    zacketly! That has to be the real reason, AND that's the hole what the
    emoticons fill.

    (Full Stop)

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Mar 30, 2006
  19. Joe

    John Barnes Guest

    Office 2007 has been delayed until 1Q 2007, so be prepared to wait longer.

    John Barnes, Mar 30, 2006
  20. Actually, there has been no word if there will be a 64-bit Office 2007, I
    know that Outlook 2007 will have native 64-bit support. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 31, 2006