    method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Emrys Davies

    ® Chris © Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the top
    | method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.
    |
    | Regards,
    | Emrys Davies.

    Generally, You post below, so to allow others to see what your posting to.
    Just like you would when Quoting soneone.
    ® Chris ©, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Hi Emrys,
    In this group....

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the
    > top method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    ....there are no requirements for top or bottom posting. But it is in
    one's own best interest to be understood. So, top, bottom... inline... all
    need to be considered as avenues for communicating ideas... figuring out
    which way is the best is up to the author... and should be subject to change
    depending on the post you are responding to...
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Emrys Davies wrote:
    > Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the
    > top method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    That requires rephrasing: "Which method of posting is most logical - top or
    bottom?" Phrased like that, you should be able to figure it out - you don't
    answer a question before it's asked, do you? (unless you're psychic,
    obviously). If you bottom post (and snip the extraneous bits - there is
    nothing worse than scrolling down reams of text only to find someone's
    merely AOLled (in case you don't know AOLling is the practice of not
    snipping then adding a monosyllabic 'yes'/'no' or a 'me too' to the end of
    the screed so favoured by those using AOHELL's version of Usenet). Of course
    there is a third way (a sort of middle ground if you like) and that's to
    inter-post (a method favoured by our very own Blinky) - I can see this being
    more logical than merely bottom posting (provided you snip the irrelevant
    bits) as it keeps the answer with the relevant section of the post. I favour
    a combination of bottom and inter posting.

    But, my friend, the choice is yours.

    on salads.
    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Emrys Davies

    WormWood Guest

    "Emrys Davies" <> wrote:
    > Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the

    top
    > method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.

    The majority seems to favor bottom posting but in this ng with no
    charter, either is acceptable. I prefer top, fwiw.
    WormWood, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Emrys Davies wrote:

    > Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the top
    > method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.

    A primer:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

    That said, go here:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/ndx_internet.html

    and read the pages at the 5th, 6th and 7th links in the section
    "Usenet".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  7. Emrys Davies

    Scraggy Guest

    Yes & No

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use the
    > top method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    If you see what I mean.
    --
    I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
    ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield
    Scraggy, Mar 2, 2005
  8. Emrys Davies

    Gordon Guest

    neville wrote:
    || Top posting is easiest.
    || "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    ||| Which method of posting is most favoured - top or bottom? I use
    ||| the top method, but I will change forthwith if that is what is
    ||| required.
    ||| Regards,
    ||| Emrys Davies.

    So you read a book bottom upwards, do you?

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
    Gordon, Mar 2, 2005
  9. Emrys Davies

    neville Guest

    Top posting is easiest.

    neville, Mar 2, 2005
  10. Emrys Davies

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Mar 2, 2005

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  12. Emrys Davies

    neville Guest

    I am writing the book Gordon, not reading it.

    neville, Mar 2, 2005
  13. Emrys Davies

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:57:12 -0000, "Gordon"
    <> wrote:

    >neville wrote:
    >|| Top posting is easiest.
    >|| "Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    >
    >So you read a book bottom upwards, do you?

    This is the same old tired argument that keeps showing up on 24HSHD
    over and over again, I suppose when posters can't think of any
    meaningful things to post; and I also suppose that the answer is the
    same as it always has been: in most groups, bottom-posting is
    preferred (in conjunction with proper snipping) and in fact
    top-posting can get you quick-friend to a crackly crunch in some of
    them; but in 24HSHD top-posting is accepted as a service to those who
    use text-to-speech newsreaders, and in fact it doesn't matter if you
    top-post, bottom post, or post

    in this group. (TING.)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Mar 2, 2005
  14. Emrys Davies

    neville Guest

    And get a proper name.
    Gordon.
    Its not very cool is it..

    neville, Mar 2, 2005
  15. Mara wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:57:12 -0000, "Gordon"
    > <> wrote:

    >> So you read a book bottom upwards, do you?

    > This is the same old tired argument that keeps showing up on 24HSHD
    > over and over again, I suppose when posters can't think of any
    > meaningful things to post; and I also suppose that the answer is the
    > same as it always has been: in most groups, bottom-posting is
    > preferred (in conjunction with proper snipping) and in fact
    > top-posting can get you quick-friend to a crackly crunch in some of
    > them; but in 24HSHD top-posting is accepted as a service to those who
    > use text-to-speech newsreaders, and in fact it doesn't matter if you
    > top-post, bottom post, or post

    > in this group. (TING.)

    It may be fact that you are in the know of everything going on, in every
    instance, in and around this group... but not everyone else does. And to
    conclude that speaking of matters that you have defined as "old and tired"
    to be "just because posters have nothing important to say"... is just...
    making yourself too important for your own good.. MG, get off your F high
    horse!
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Mar 2, 2005
  16. neville wrote:

    > I am writing the book Gordon, not reading it.

    Books aren't *written* upside down, either, you drooler.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  17. neville wrote:

    > And get a proper name.

    Like nevillesputnikfreddyjohnrichardsimon?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005
  18. Emrys Davies

    neville Guest

    Yes they are.