Top 15 Firefox Extensions from PC mag

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by someone, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. someone

    someone Guest

    someone, Feb 3, 2005

  2. someone

    Gunther Guest

    In article <OXdMd.22709$>,
    says...

    > Top 15 Firefox Extensions from PC magazine

    Man, that speaks volumes about where PC Mag is coming from.
    15 chances, and they didn't mention the most useful ones of all:
    Flashblock to allow you to decide when you want those gawd-awful
    Flash animations to distract you;
    and Nuke Anything, which allows you to right-click-and-remove
    any object from a page.
    Frankly, I'm surprised they had the balls to list Adblock among
    their 15. I'll bet they catch some flack from their advertizers
    about that.
    Gunther, Feb 3, 2005

  3. someone

    someone Guest

    > In article <OXdMd.22709$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Top 15 Firefox Extensions from PC magazine
    >>
    >>http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1758849,00.asp

    > Man, that speaks volumes about where PC Mag is coming from.

    I thought was something for PC mag just to mention Firefox not IE

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
    someone, Feb 3, 2005
  4. someone

    Guest

    Okie dokie, having trouble downloading Adblock?? Anyone else have this
    problem? If so, perhaps there maybe another link?

    Thanks
    , Feb 3, 2005
  5. someone

    Guest

    Hmm im getting an error trying to download adblock?? Something about
    "install script not found"??

    Thanks
    , Feb 3, 2005
  6. someone

    someone Guest

    someone, Feb 3, 2005
  7. someone

    John Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:44:11 -0800, Gunther <> wrote:

    , and they didn't mention the most useful ones of all:
    >Flashblock to allow you to decide when you want those gawd-awful
    >Flash animations to distract you;

    Where dio you find it?

    I've looked all over the site, but can't find it.
    Looks interesting, though . . .

    John <><
    John, Feb 3, 2005
  8. someone

    measekite Guest

    This thing that blocks animation. Is there one for the Mozilla 1.75
    suite? Also, is their an adblocker for the suite that is worthwhile>

    measekite, Feb 3, 2005
  9. someone

    Gunther Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    Try http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
    Gunther, Feb 3, 2005
  10. someone

    Justin Guest

    measekite wrote on [Thu, 03 Feb 2005 06:50:50 GMT]:
    > Gunther wrote:
    >
    >>In article <OXdMd.22709$>,
    >> says...
    >>

    >>>Top 15 Firefox Extensions from PC magazine
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1758849,00.asp
    >>>

    >>Man, that speaks volumes about where PC Mag is coming from.
    >>15 chances, and they didn't mention the most useful ones of all:
    >>Flashblock to allow you to decide when you want those gawd-awful
    >>Flash animations to distract you;
    >>and Nuke Anything, which allows you to right-click-and-remove
    >>any object from a page.
    >>Frankly, I'm surprised they had the balls to list Adblock among
    >>their 15. I'll bet they catch some flack from their advertizers
    >>about that.

    [post fixed]

    It's available at http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
    Justin, Feb 3, 2005
  11. someone

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Mar 27, 2005
  12. someone

    ..brian.. Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > someone <> wrote in news:OXdMd.22709$wi2.22700
    > @newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:
    >
    > > Top 15 Firefox Extensions from PC magazine
    > >
    > > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1758849,00.asp

    > This lists "Cards" which isn't included on the Firefox list at
    > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?os=Windows&numpg=10
    > &application=firefox

    It's not too surprising they didn't provide the reader with a link -- I
    wouldn't expect such a stupid article to give you one. That article
    makes me laugh every time I read it. It starts out saying "... but it
    lacks some of the functions that we've come to take for granted from
    Microsoft Internet Explorer." However, when you look at the list of
    extensions, only two are used in IE.

    Oh well...

    You can get the Cards extension at:

    [http://www.extensionsmirror.nl]
    [http://extensionroom.mozdev.org]

    But since it's not from the Mozilla page, you'll need to click the
    "Options" button on the yellow pop-up bar, and "allow" the site to
    install.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Mar 27, 2005
  13. someone

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Mar 27, 2005
  14. someone

    ..brian.. Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "..brian.." <> wrote in
    >
    > > You can get the Cards extension at:
    > >
    > > [http://www.extensionsmirror.nl]
    > > [http://extensionroom.mozdev.org]
    > >
    > > But since it's not from the Mozilla page, you'll need to click the
    > > "Options" button on the yellow pop-up bar, and "allow" the site to
    > > install.

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Jim

    No problem.